Woods BB60X on a B3200?

FarmerO

New member

Equipment
B3200 w 504 loader, Woods QA attach,Woods BB60X, 2782A Blower, Woods Grade Rake,
Oct 3, 2010
10
0
0
New Hampshire
Is the rated capacity of the B3200 3 pt hitch (500Lbs for a rotary cutter) cast in stone. I have been sold a Woods BB60 X Brushbull from a Kubota dealer and just discovered that it weighs more like 550-600 Lbs. I know that there is a safety factor built into the rated spec, but can anyone comment on this set up and if I should be OK with it. The dealer says no problem.
 

Eric McCarthy

New member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
5,223
11
0
45
Richmond Va
Just make sure you have plenty of counter weight on the front of the tractor. Like plenty of suitcase weights or if your lucky enough to have one a front end loader.
 

FarmerO

New member

Equipment
B3200 w 504 loader, Woods QA attach,Woods BB60X, 2782A Blower, Woods Grade Rake,
Oct 3, 2010
10
0
0
New Hampshire
Eric,

So do you know if the rated capacity of 500LB for a rotary cutter is specific to the cutter for balance reasons? The 3 pt hitch is actually rated to lift 1365 lb so I don't think lifting the BB60X is Kubota's concern and yes I do have a 504 loader and love it and the BB60X, only 18 hrs.