Woodmaxx SB60 snow blower

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I’ve had a Woodmaxx SB-72 for a number of years and have run it on my l3200 hst, L3901, and MX5800. All run it fine. I just purchased a second WoodMaxx snow blower this time a SB-60 to be run on my L3200 at another location over the winter. I see that WoodMaxx recommends the SB-60 from 18 - 30 hp. I looked up a B21 and see that the pto hp is 13 or 14 but it is quite a heavy little tractor. It looks like you will have no issue lifting it on the rear 3pt hitch.

Without snow you can operate the wWoodMaxx blower by hand turning the pto shaft, your B21 will certainly get it running well, the only issue you may have is running it in deep snow at fast travel speed, you may just need to slow down to match the load to your HP.

I like all the Woodmaxx equipment that I have, general quality is good and the company gives good service and support. They include delivery in their pricing and currently offer a premium pto shaft free upgrade.

If you compare the weight of their snow blowers with comparable other models you will typically notice that the WoodMaxx units are quite a bit heavier as they don’t skimp on metal thickness or components.

Overall my experience with their snow blowers has been very good, good enough for me to buy another one for my second use. You will find their manual online at the home page of their website, it gives an overview on maintenance and operation.

WoodMaxx gives discounts to veterans.

Good luck making a selection.

Last edited:

eericherak

Equipment
Kubota B-21
Dec 14, 2020
Willow Alaska
I’ve had a Woodmaxx SB-72 for a number of years and have run it on my l3200 hst, L3901, and MX5800. All run it fine. I just purchased a second WoodMaxx snow blower this time a SB-60 to be run on my L3200 at another location over the winter. I see that WoodMaxx recommends the SB-60 from 18 - 30 hp. I looked up a B21 and see that the pto hp is 13 or 14 but it is quite a heavy little tractor. It looks like you will have no issue lifting it on the rear 3pt hitch.

Without snow you can operate the wWoodMaxx blower by hand turning the pto shaft, your B21 will certainly get it running well, the only issue you may have is running it in deep snow at fast travel speed, you may just need to slow down to match the load to your HP.

I like all the Woodmaxx equipment that I have, general quality is good and the company gives good service and support. They include delivery in their pricing and currently offer a premium pto shaft free upgrade.

If you compare the weight of their snow blowers with comparable other models you will typically notice that the WoodMaxx units are quite a bit heavier as they don’t skimp on metal thickness or components.

Overall my experience with their snow blowers has been very good, good enough for me to buy another one for my second use. You will find their manual online at the home page of their website, it gives an overview on maintenance and operation.

WoodMaxx gives discounts to veterans.

Good luck making a selection.
Thank you so very much for your insight. I too thought that this would work as we rarely get a dump of snow but regularly have the 1 to 6 inch snowfalls. Your comment about slowing down makes perfect sense. I have tried asking questions of the Land Pride people who make a snow blower for the Kubota but it's like "pulling hens teeth" to get answers. They really don't seem interested nor proud enough of their product to expound on it.

I am in Alaska and their (woodmaxx) free shipping should take it to port where I'll have it forwarded up here. With that in mind, I like the packaging they provide for the unit.

Thanks again for your thorough response. Thanks for taking the time, I really appreciate it.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Thank you so very much for your insight. I too thought that this would work as we rarely get a dump of snow but regularly have the 1 to 6 inch snowfalls. Your comment about slowing down makes perfect sense. I have tried asking questions of the Land Pride people who make a snow blower for the Kubota but it's like "pulling hens teeth" to get answers. They really don't seem interested nor proud enough of their product to expound on it.

I am in Alaska and their (woodmaxx) free shipping should take it to port where I'll have it forwarded up here. With that in mind, I like the packaging they provide for the unit.

Thanks again for your thorough response. Thanks for taking the time, I really appreciate it.
If you end up buying one, I think you will really like the quality and the operation. Hope my input has been useful

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
I also live in AK. I went through ESI in Fairbanks and got an AgriEase 60" snowblower by BRABER Equipment in Canada. Very similar unit to the woodmax SB60. They also had 54" and 48" which may work for your B21. It's been a good unit. That may be an option so you aren't going to Anchorage or having freight forwarded on up.