WoodMaxx emailed me today....

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
I got on their wait list a few weeks back for a WM 8H.

Ive been going back and forth between the Woodland Mills and the WoodMaxx for about a month or so. I like the features and build on the WoodMaxx more than the Woodland Mills so its on the way.

In addition to being excited about not having to burn brush anymore, I will now also be able to process tree service wood that is not ideal to be processed into firewood. We can ALWAYS use chips around here. I also get calls from people looking for smoking wood. Now I will also be able to not only process smoking wood, but produce chips for those that simply want to add them to the grill.

Reactions: 2 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Chippers are wonderful things. Turns trash into a useful product.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Let us know how you like your new chipper once you have given it a little use. The twin hydraulic infeed driven system is the most important feature in my opinion.

Good luck with your new equipment.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
I do look forward to its arrival. Been down after knee surgery for a week and I'm getting very restless.

Ive got a pile of apple branches waiting for it, as well as a pile of firewood castoffs....

Reactions: 1 user

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
I do look forward to its arrival. Been down after knee surgery for a week and I'm getting very restless.

Ive got a pile of apple branches waiting for it, as well as a pile of firewood castoffs....

i like using apple chips when i make my maple bacon!!!

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Shipping notification today. That was quicker than the 7-10 days the guy told me when I called.

Dennis.D

Equipment
L6060, Erskine hydraulic snow blower, back hoe
Feb 16, 2018
Central, ME,USA
I've had a Woodmax 8H chipper for a couple years now. I'm very happy with how well it works. I really don't chip 8" wood, that's fire wood around here. But when I'm cutting trees I chip all the tops up to 3 to 4" depends on my mood and how much fire wood I need at the time. I think I have about 40 hours on it and I have no regrets. Good luck with your new chipper. Oh, just for reference mine is attached to a Gr L6060.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Same here... Anything over 3" or so is firewood.

I have a buddy that clears buckthorn for his city parks and having the wider opening will make processing that stuff down much easier. He normally piles and when the piles get large enough, rents a chipper. Now he can rent me.

Dennis.D

Equipment
L6060, Erskine hydraulic snow blower, back hoe
Feb 16, 2018
Central, ME,USA
Would that be like getting a chipper with an attitude? just kidding. Hope you like yours as much as I like mine.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Your chipper will eat those sub 3” several at a time. It’s nice as it has an adjustable infeed rate.

please tell us what you think about your new WoodMaxx WM 8 H.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
So it showed up today. Daughter and I were right in the middle of brakes on the wife's car, so I didn't get started until late.

Its mostly assembled. Just need to fit the PTO shaft, add fluid and then give it a good once over.

Chipper.jpg

Its pretty stout, I have no doubts it will fulfill my needs. My only gripe, so far, is that it isn't technically quick hitch ready. I had to move the hook to the top holes in order to get it to seat in the quick hitch correctly.

chipper2.jpg

Ive been able to connect to all my quick hitch ready attachments with the hook in the lower holes. While this isnt really a big deal, it does mean I will now have to move the top attachment point on all my implements to match.

Reactions: 1 users

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Sooo.... With the top hook on my QH left in the upper holes, I backed up to my counter weight, moved the pin to the upper hole and it was a no go. Which means moving the top pin on the rest of my implements would also be a no go.

I replaced the bolts for the top hook with pins and will move the hook up when I'm going to use the chipper.

I did get the chipper fired up and it ate what I fed it, right up to a 4" piece of Mulberry without breaking a sweat. That was just to see what it would do.

chipper3.jpg

chipper4.jpg

2 things I noticed, one I feel is a defective part the other is a observation....

I think the flow control doesn't work as designed. The feed rollers dont slow down between 10 and about 3. Between 3 and 1 the rollers either turn intermittently or dont turn at all. When they stop turning, it sounds like the hydraulic oil is bypassing. Ill be sending an email off to WoodMaxx about that as well as the inquiry into the quick hitch ready claim.

The observation is to not have your bean over the feed roller assist level while its feeding. It likes to bounce. Im tall so my face is right there.

Reactions: 1 user