woodland mills stump grinder

jpf

Feb 26, 2016
butler, ga USA
anybody taken delivery lately?
if so when did you order? just trying to see what the lead time is today.
ordered one a month ago, not worried just wondering, you know how that is when your anxious to try out a new tool!

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
FWIW, ordered a chipper on 4/20, have not heard a peep.
Heard of others recently that got theirs within a week or two.
:confused:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
can't address your shipping question, but I know that you will be happy with it. Got mine last year and whacked better than 75 stumps in about 3 days.

Just be prepared for a sore neck. Get yourself 4 casters and use the shipping crate for a grinder storage dolly. I also used the rest of the shipping crate to make another shooting bench...

enjoy it.

IMG_1936.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Is that a mirror to monitor the grinder wheel?
Yes it is a great mod. I added one before the first use. I am surprised they sell it without one. Stock, I could drop the business end right on something/someone and not know it.

stump-grinder-mirror.jpg

stump-grinder-mirror-2.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Nice addition to the grinder! How do you think a backup camera would work? Think of mounting it so you could face forward and save your neck.

PaulR

Equipment
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
FWIW, ordered a chipper on 4/20, have not heard a peep.
Heard of others recently that got theirs within a week or two.
:confused:
They just texted me. It's coming Monday, so about 2 months.
Waited 3 months for my Kubota last year.

Reactions: 1 user

jpf

Feb 26, 2016
butler, ga USA
good deal Paul,
maybe I'm getting closer?
you ordered on 4/23 shipping next week.
I ordered on 4/26, I need to go check email
thanks!

PaulR

Equipment
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Yea I got 2 emails and a text, they won't miss you.
Driver is also calling Monday when he's in the area.
:geek:

TSmith2670

Equipment
BX2670, B6000
Dec 28, 2015
Hummelstown, Pa.
Nice addition to the grinder! How do you think a backup camera would work? Think of mounting it so you could face forward and save your neck.
I have a cheap Amazon backup camera on mine. Camera mounts on the lower drawbar bracket with magnets and the monitor mounts on the hood with magnets. Never had it work loose with all the shaking. No more sore neck and I couldn't be happier with the Woodland Mills grinder.

Last edited:

Quiet Horseman

Equipment
Kubota M4050DT with 1830 Loader
Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
I don't know about stump grinders, but I did buy a HM129 Saw Mill from Woodland Mills. I would say it took the better part of 3 weeks to arrive. The people at Woodland Mills were not only courteous, they did a great job working with my impatience to receive the mill. About a year later, the water flow control valve went out on my HM129. They sent me new parts free of charge, and a second Woodland Mills hat free of charge without my asking for either favor!

I really like Woodland Mills a lot! Not many companies do business like that anymore!
I would remind you, that since Covid19 happened, nothing is the same anymore. I had to travel 3 hours to buy Rear Tires for my Kubota M4050DT- I was considering purchasing front tires also. I found the supplier, a week before I made the three hour trip to Little Rock AR. By the time I got their he was apologizing to me for having sold out of front tires. He showed me his three open to the air tire storage buildings. He told me that he had a full years inventory at the beginning of the year, but how there must be a tire shortage, because he was already by the end of June 2021, well over half sold out of his inventory, and unable/unwilling to buy more. The reason is the Shipping Container rate cost for tractor tires was going to drive the shipping up to $400.00 per tire. (for a large rear tire)

Get you tires now if you need them!
This man was about the 6th tire supplier who told me this, or a similar story.

jpf

Feb 26, 2016
butler, ga USA
anybody taken delivery lately?
if so when did you order? just trying to see what the lead time is today.
ordered one a month ago, not worried just wondering, you know how that is when your anxious to try out a new tool!
IT'S HERE!
stump grinder delivered today!
right in the middle of a thunder storm so I haven't even got to UN-rap my new toy,er TOOL.
probably tomorrow

Reactions: 1 user

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
IT'S HERE!
right in the middle of a thunder storm so I haven't even got to UN-rap my new toy,er TOOL.
probably tomorrow
Tell us how you like it. I was considering one but can’t decide if I want a hydraulic one or the Woodland Mills. I have their WC88 chipper and it is a tank.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
IT'S HERE!
probably tomorrow
congrats. enjoy.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
i love mine. did a few more last weekend with it. got a thread on it here at OTT somewhere.

paid for itself the first couple of uses. HUNDREDS of stumps later im still on the the original teeth.

if you stay out of the rocks? they last really good.