WOOD CHIPPER

wra

Equipment
bx25d
Jul 10, 2014
asheville
Can anyone advise me as to what length my pto shaft should be for a bx25d and fh-bx42 wood chipper from betstco.. Thank you

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Trying to work things out in advance is difficult, normal path is to mount the implement and then cut the pto shaft to fit, you can find many videos of how to do this online.

Good luck with it.

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Can anyone advise me as to what length my pto shaft should be for a bx25d and fh-bx42 wood chipper from betstco.. Thank you
Buy a longer shaft and cut it to fit your tractor and chipper combo. You need to MEASURE your actual setup to be safe, the alternative is very expensive tractor repairs.

Reactions: 1 user

wra

Equipment
bx25d
Jul 10, 2014
asheville
thank you for both resonses.. videos and manual helped alot. got the pto shaft cut a just spent 3 hours chipping a dead ash tree..

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
With ANY Pto shaft, always remember to measure at the tightest point which may OR MAY NOT be when the implement is on the ground. it all depends on the location of the driven end of the implement in relationship to the PTO output stub.

It's very important that the shaft is never put in a bind (that is no sliding clearance between the halves because at that point (no sliding clearance). the PTO shaft is exerting a pushing pressure on the PTO stub and will not only destroy the internal bearings, it will destroy the shaft seal as well.

The bearings that carry the PTO stub aren't designed for a push or pull load, only a radial load.