Wire Loom Management on ROPS Options

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
No, I had not considered that. I presume you're giving me a hard time about not wanting the look of zip ties all around my ROPS because attachment would still be an issue and the cost would make the shipping complaint laughable.
Not really trying to give you a hard time, just suggesting a method that I have seen work and eliminate the wire ties.

I tried to suggest using glue to hold the tube to the ROPS but see that I didn’t spell glue correctly so changed that in my post.

the cost of steel tubing would probably be less than $25 and sst would be less than $50 for six feet. I meant round tube of .25 OD not square or rectangular tube but I see that I did not specify that.

I apologize for any unintentional hard time in my previous post

Last edited:

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
Russell is right on the money. The steel tube trick is used a lot for “hidden wiring” in street rods. Most Napa stores carry fuel line tube in various lengths and diameters. You would still have to secure the tubing to your ROPS though.

FWIW I will not drill into my ROPS. Steel tubing with steel cables ties would work though.

Reactions: 1 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
You wouldn't have to drill or weld SS tubing to the ROPS. Permatex makes an epoxy adhesive that is darn near as strong.
Great option if you never intend to fold the ROPS.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
You wouldn't have to drill or weld SS tubing to the ROPS. Permatex makes an epoxy adhesive that is darn near as strong.
Great option if you never intend to fold the ROPS.

Or leave a gap in the steel tubing at the folding point, and protect the wiring there with plastic loom. Still leaves a snagging hazard at that point, though. But if you are never in the woods....

Reactions: 1 user

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Or leave a gap in the steel tubing at the folding point, and protect the wiring there with plastic loom. Still leaves a snagging hazard at that point, though. But if you are never in the woods....
I did think about splitting the tube at the folding point but the OP is concerned about snagging. There is SS wire loom that could be used there.
I've yet to fold my ROPS but would like to retain the option. I may go this route with the split as you described. Not for snags bit for aesthetic reasons.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I'm not real big on Zip Ties either (aesthetically speaking), but did use them on my light bar installation.

I need to repaint my ROPS and I don't think they will be as noticeable after that. But might revisit this thread to see what the OP comes up with.

light bar for kubota.jpg
Lightbar4.jpg
Light Bar wiring2.jpg
Lightbar1.jpg

Edit to add pic: After painting the ROPS....the Zip Ties I used are much less noticeable. I will probably just leave them as is.

ROPS Painted.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
you might want to look at 'wiremold' products. used it decades ago to 'chase' wires OUTSIDE a wall...
Panduit probably make it in plastic these days....

Downeaster

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, loader, mower deck, and ballast
Oct 18, 2022
Waterford, Maine
Thanks y'all. Those zip tie mounting bases look perfect! Definitely found them in black but dang, the minimum order and shipping is a little bit of a b$@!#. Need to develop a local network of folks who use supplies like this on a smaller scale to share the load. ;)
I have been using them for years, and love them.. Understand there are two different sizes. The normal size is about 1 inch sq. and the other is about 1/2 inch sq. Get the 1" sq ones. I have them on my light bar to my Side by side, and several of my friends. i have them in back of my Oled television to manage cables. Get them in bulk if you can, in black or white. You will go through them faster than you think.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada

bbfarmky

Equipment
M5660SUHD, LA1154 Loader, Forks
Dec 26, 2022
Lebanon, KY
Not really trying to give you a hard time, just suggesting a method that I have seen work and eliminate the wire ties.

I tried to suggest using glue to hold the tube to the ROPS but see that I didn’t spell glue correctly so changed that in my post.

the cost of steel tubing would probably be less than $25 and sst would be less than $50 for six feet. I meant round tube of .25 OD not square or rectangular tube but I see that I did not specify that.

I apologize for any unintentional hard time in my previous post
No worries and no apology needed. I had no idea anything SS could be reasonably priced when I put it in context with any other SS I ever got quoted....and never purchased! ;)

Lakeguy

Equipment
LX2610
Jan 24, 2023
Manitoba
Working on adding lights on my Kubota M5660 and I'm all good to go on the switch, wiring, etc...but struggling a bit on how to secure the wire loom/conduit to the rear of the ROPS. I've seen many people use the ever-versatile zip ties but just don't care for the look and I've seen some folks run the wires through holes in their ROPS which I would love to do but there are no factory holes on my ROPS and they are mounted flush onto the rear axle housing. So, without drilling, running wires through the ROPS is not an option for me. So I was thinking about adhesive based wire management clips but am concerned about the adhesion holding in the work environment and with high vibrations while operation a tractor.

Thinking about using these: Conduit Clamps. Anyone have any experience with using such an item? Any particular brand or quality recommendations? If the adhesive doesn't hold, anyone try scraping off the adhesive tape and using epoxy instead? Thoughts?
Maybe something like this? I would stipe off the 2 sides sticky foam tape and use an epoxy to hold it on? Just a thought

51UOjlGNonL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Downeaster

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, loader, mower deck, and ballast
Oct 18, 2022
Waterford, Maine
Just so everyone know they do make the wire tie mounts in black and white, and two different sizes.
1x1 inch sq, and 1/2 x 1/2 inch sq. When I wire I use them with the ribbed plastic casing just to give
the wire a little more protection.