Winch suggestions

Muddy boots

Equipment
MX5200, grapple, tiller, brush hog, backhoe
Jan 14, 2019
Paw Paw, MI
Got my new mx5200 and realize I’m gonna get stuck a lot. Trying to get some suggestions on winch set ups and recommendations please?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
A receiver-hitch attached to the drawbar with the winch mounted on the receiver hitch is one method.

I planned (but lost interest) in welding a plate on the front guard to mount a receiver hitch so the winch could be placed either on the front OR the rear. But the reason I thought I needed a winch no longer exists. (Needed to winch out a heavy asphalt roller stuck for a month in a muddy/wet-clay spot and didn't want to pay a greedy winch-truck operator $250 an hour just to drive an hour out to my place to tell me IF he thought he could pull it out or not. I could imagine owing him $500 to drive out and back after he'd told me his rig couldn't do the job!
Used my FEL to dig a trench up to it and pulled it out with the tractor from dry ground. Took 20 mins.)

Now I have a 12K HF winch and all the accys' I have no use for. :cool:

Last edited:

Muddy boots

Equipment
MX5200, grapple, tiller, brush hog, backhoe
Jan 14, 2019
Paw Paw, MI
That’s actually what I’ve been thinking bout. Wiring a quick connect to front and back. I was thinking hf winch too. Badlands right? If it’d work out I’d be interested in your winch.