Why would you need a back-hoe for typical non-comercial owner.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
I have a b8200 , picked up a backhoe for it cheap and rebuilt it , wouldnt be without it now.
in the past i've allways hired excavator kit, allways cost a fair bit and could never hire it when i wanted it.
not a problem now and it gets used very regulary allround the place for cleaning ditches and our small pond, tree root removal, soil & compost excavation etc etc, list goes on, but its not just digging i use if for lifting too which it does a great job...

as far as being in the way on the tractor, it removes in a couple of minutes two pins out of the subframe and its off, same for refitting, so no issues there either, it a win,win situation.. and i'm a non-commercial end user.

just my input.

Last edited:

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
wow. In only one day, what a response. From my view of the comments, a few stand out as near majority reasons. Similar to the example of buying a car: A Ford or Mercedes. The more expensive one is more fun to own if you can afford it. Also, even if not used much, it is handy when you need one. Didn't see any one blaming the spouse for not having one.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Didn't see any one blaming the spouse for not having one.
For me it was quite the opposite at the time I pulled the trigger on my BX24 we could afford to get it and my lovely Wifey-Poo said "GET IT NOW" because we may not have the money later. I for one am very happy I did. Not only have I done a crap load around the house with it I have used it several hours at my church and helping friends. My family spouse included is very happy that we have it.

If you can afford one I see no reason why you would not want to get one