Who's running a flail mower on a BX?

Boatman

Equipment
Kubota L2800, Kubota BX1870
Nov 26, 2016
Mill Spring, NC, US
Boatman, haven't had a chance to cut tall grass over 5" but found a few. to share, here's one with a gentleman and his Deere cutting two type of ground cover with hammers. My dad tests out his new flail mower, and I get free lawn service. (youtube.com)
Thanks for that. I looked at a few vids but they all head right for the brush and have them set to cut as low as possible and mulch the material. I only wish I had vegetation that thick!!

Looks like the flail will work for me and I'll go ahead and order one. If I ever do need to work in the brush and real heavy stuff I can put it on the L2800 for some more horsepower.

Thanks for taking the time and keeping on point.

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
Do you have experience with both?
I have a WoodMaxx with Y-blades and use it for pasture grasses, blackberries, and other small brush. Under about 1.5” brush is gravy and it obliterates everything. In grass, the cut is not as smooth as a finish mower, but much better than a bush hog/rotary cutter.

I do not have hammers. I have a coworker that has hammers on his Betsco, but his use is different. He is cutting vine maple and poison oak much more than grass.

Reactions: 1 user

Boatman

Equipment
Kubota L2800, Kubota BX1870
Nov 26, 2016
Mill Spring, NC, US
I have a WoodMaxx with Y-blades and use it for pasture grasses, blackberries, and other small brush. Under about 1.5” brush is gravy and it obliterates everything. In grass, the cut is not as smooth as a finish mower, but much better than a bush hog/rotary cutter.

I do not have hammers. I have a coworker that has hammers on his Betsco, but his use is different. He is cutting vine maple and poison oak much more than grass.

Thank you