Whole Goods pricing and freight

ButchB

Equipment
B2530HDB LA435 QH15
May 19, 2019
Phoenix, Az
If I place an order at a dealer does he add his freight "in" to the whole goods price?

If so, what part of the country do they get their stock from?

I'm trying to figure total cost for some heavy pieces comparing dealers, i.e. would I wind up paying shipping "in" to them and "out" to me?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Mine don't so long as they enter my order with their stock order. Not sure if that applies to all dealers however.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
If I place an order at a dealer does he add his freight "in" to the whole goods price?

If so, what part of the country do they get their stock from?

I'm trying to figure total cost for some heavy pieces comparing dealers, i.e. would I wind up paying shipping "in" to them and "out" to me?
Shipping costs can be avoided by ordering PARTS on so-called "stock" orders rather than non specified orders where your dealer will almost always place "regular" orders where you will most likely receive your parts a few days earlier but at the expense of added shipping charges.

Shipping charges cannot be avoided for "whole goods" orders even if your dealer is receiving tractors, etc., on the same truck. Such charges are calculated according to shipping weight.

Accordingly, freight charges from Kubota to your dealer cannot be avoided (absent increasingly rare dealer mistake) for whole goods materials.

The only way to avoid shipping charges from your dealer to you is to pick up your materials yourself at your dealer.

BTDT.

SDT

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Yeah what Sidecar and SDT said. I stress that I'm not in a hurry and ask specifically how much freight will be. So far, no problem.