Whining

Steamguy

Equipment
BX2370
To get around this, many sites use "sticky" threads which stay at the top. This one could utilize this same feature, or just add a section called "Frequently Asked Questions".

The zillion posts to follow about what kind of oil to use and where could go in there. Then you guys would only have to reply once...

We hope.

But seriously, as a New-To-Kubota owner, I appreciate being able to ask a 'dumb' question (after searching) every once in a while. Your answers have been patient and not condescending, so thank you.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
How do I rotate my tires for it's 100hr service?:rolleyes:
There are three possible ways.

1) use a jack to roll the tractor on it's side.
2) go cross slope on a steep hill and it should roll on it's side all by it self.
3) if you are real close to your tractor, start by scratching it's side just in front of the rear tires, it should roll over on its side so you can scratch it's underside

Next climb up on the tire that you want to rotate, sit down on the center of the hub, use your feet to get the tire rotating.

This is referred to as the Sit and Rotate method, there are others but this seems to be the most popular.:p

(The cross slope method is sometimes also referred to as the Funeral Service method.)

pmhowe

Equipment
L4240, Ford 8N, Kioti CK 2610
Jun 23, 2012
Banner Elk NC
You provided the best laugh of the day. I’m going to outside immediately and scratch my tractor’s side just in front of the rear tires. If anything interesting occurs, I’ll provide pictures. Thank you for a fun post.

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
The new member posting the same question is the least of the problem.
I don't think that the search works all that well in here, you have to be to specific. Ok so maybe that was jut operator error, but someone new members will run into the same problem.

To me the biggest problem is when someone ask a genuine question and they get blasted by the regulars, even worse is if you do search and find what your looking for you have to read thru multiple replies that have nothing to do with the topic. I'm not innocent of mucking up a topic but I have been trying to refrain from commenting if I don't have something useful to add to the topic.

BUT, this is an Internet forum, so it is what it is. You don't have to log on or reply.

Have a fantastic day!

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
The search feature pretty much sucks on all forums not just this one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
This site pops up when you do a google search, most of the time. At least that has been my experience.

m32825

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Jul 12, 2013
Central FL
You can limit Google searches to a specific site, try entering "site:www.orangetractortalks.com/forums right handle grand l3800" without the double quotes. Boom, there's all your threads about the right-hand L3800 handle. As an added bonus, Google search doesn't throw out short (e.g. three-letter) search terms, like "HST". The downside is that new posts take a while to show up, because Google has to discover them first.

-- Carl

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Ummmm yall are aware you can search through threads right here on OTT. There is a Search feature on here.

beemehero

Equipment
L3800, B2410HSDB tiller mowers auger scraper blade fence stretcher rake blower
Sep 28, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I belong to gun sites and Jeep sites, all of which are pretty hard-hitting where the regulars show up on a daily basis and engage each other.

Most of the guys that show up here ask a question and you never hear of them again........one-hit-wonders.

Others clearly don't like the answer they get and go away.

Some are obviously illiterate, others may now know how to use a forum, others cannot type........apparently.

It's getting tiresome.........why bother anymore?

Why bother, it because your SELFISH, lemme, explain.

The one hit wonders, the unanswerable questioniers, the ragamuffins who only come to complain when their mighty Orange just preformed outrageous stunts and probably failed because of some operator error of some sort.....yada yada, you've catered to them all and no respect you say?

Guess what, you've been helping others not based on their virtues, not because they are fine upstanding folks who would cover your back if needed, and not because they cow towed to your latest rant about the crooked govt. sealing all your hard work only to spit in your face when they know they should be swinging from light pols soon as the sun rises......

....actually , you've been helping folks because you are part orange, and deep down inside of you it hurts, honestly hurts to see another orange machine suffer when it gets neglected.

It's really not all about the whiners is it, it's about all the suffering tractors that WOUND UP in whiners hands that's the issue here, right, and how damn far 'ya gonna stick your neck out for your own blood right.........see, it selfish
like I was saying.

I personally see this sort of selfishness as a good trait, because not all selfishness is bad.

m32825

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Jul 12, 2013
Central FL
Ummmm yall are aware you can search through threads right here on OTT. There is a Search feature on here.
Yes, and it throws out search terms that are less than four characters. Try using it to search for "HST". Most of the times I use the forum search engine, but there are times when knowing how to do a Google site-limited search is helpful.

-- Carl