Which way?

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
I hate to open a new thred on a topic that has been sorta discussed....

Im "upgrading" early spring. Ive been looking hard at the L2501 and B2650 with cab..

Dealer qoute L2501 with Curtis hard side cab, heater, hst, ssqa loader $26,750

B2650HSDC with ssqa loader $28,000

Both loaded R4s....

Without discussing the used market, since used Orange does not exist around here. I found a Boomer 3040 super suite cab that was very nice. A Deere 4120 Curtis Cab that was amazing but just too physically hulking to mow with....

I have a B7610 with a mmm that has turned me forever off to mmm's. its a tad too small for the bush hogging as my land is rough. On paper the B2650 is bigger, but in person Im not seeing it. Actually a standard L isnt that big after shopping used hulks...

The cab is mostly for winter, but who doesnt want AC when mowing?

I should add I want no part of DPF, thats why I was looking used....

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I had considered a cab when I first got my tractor. But then I realized with the ROP folded down where I could access, my daylight basement and garage to mention two. So I suspended the thought of a cab for me. I use my tractor all winter and pick and choose when I do. If the wind is gusting 30 mph. I'll bucket snow the next day its calm out. I plow with my truck so my tractor isn't 100% necessary to handle the snow but works great to clean up with.
As far as your choice, bigger is always better right.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Were on day 3 of winds above 20 mph. Tuesday night was 41, the record since I installed the wind gizmo. The winter of 14/15 the wind showed up mid February and didnt calm down until mid June. I dont know Mid-Westerners live like that, Id eat a 12ga....

Ill never plow without a cab again. 20 degree air with 20 mph wind make the windchill 4. We drop to 5 degrees mix in 20 mph winds ( which are very common here ) windchill drops to -15.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Thats what ya get for living by the lake,,,, :D Ya lucky dawg !

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
The Tomhannok reservoir is 2 miles away. Other than that, no lakes. But my taxes would suggest I own lakefront property!

Orangeinalaska

Nov 16, 2016
Gakona, Alaska
Just bought the M7060 with cab, the cab is worth every penny and I have only had the tractor 2 days! It is also 20 below right now. As far as DPF I deal with them at my job every day on various types of heavy equipment and never had any problems. It is a fact of life with new equipment that takes some getting used to but i wouldn't suggest making that a deciding factor when considering a new piece of equiment. My 2 cents

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Did you check with Greenville Saw? They're a Kubota dealer and they might have some ideas for you.
I drove past them on my way to GSK once. Stopped in way before they opened, their L2501 had sat in the sun soo long it was going pink. Never stopped beyond the one time. When I head to Nathan Littauer next week in Fultonville, Im stopping in Randalls. Sharon Springs and Salem Farm both qouted only a few hundred below MSRP. Barlows in KY absolutely smoked them even after shipping. Maybe Ill call Brady again?