Which quick hitch, 3 pt, or Pat's?

DocGP

Sep 17, 2014
SE TX
OK, have been contemplating one for a while, and after watching videos, I am trying to decide which is the "best" quick hitch (at least for me). I have decided that it depends on whether you need a floating top link more often than not. Looks to me like if I am going to be doing a lot of bush hogging, the Pat's may be the answer, but if most of the attachments are not needing a floating top link, the 3 pt looks easier.

So, I am leaning toward Pat's, as I mostly use the bush hog and tiller. It would still mean getting on and off the tractor to hook up, but would save most of the aggravation. I also tend to cheat and drop the top link WAY back and use my old disc as a row hipper.

Any thoughts, experiences, or input would be greatly appreciated.

Doc

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
I looked at both

I went with the Pat's for my purposes.

I had multiple sized implements, many of which were NOT QH ready
I looked at getting them all QH ready vs buying the Pat's and having to get on and off the tractor..

For me it seemed easier to just get the Pat's and go from there..

I have had no issues with length's of the PTO hookup's or on the Top link for anything I have hooked up so far..

The Pat's are much easier, they still require so alignments but, I haven't thrown out my back hooking anything up since I bought them..
I also find myself doing more with the tractor simply because it is easier to switch out the 3pt implements now..

If I had a new tractor and new implements I would for sure lean toward a QH but you know your situation the best..

rayc

Equipment
kubota L4310 hstc
Apr 26, 2011
prince township , ontario, canada
Pats are good also because they dont take up much room at the back. I have a erskine front mount rear drive blower and with pats hitch i can still hook up the back blade with lots of room for the blower drive on the rear.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I went with Pats, my implements were not quick hitch ready either. All my implements are on a dolly inside, so lining up isnt bad. Yes you have to get off the tractor but still have young knees.

So my dad has the green version and not all implements are QH ready either. He has Pats and then may also use the QH. Kind of odd looking but whatever works and makes life easier.

Catchad81

Dec 23, 2013
Notasulga, AL
OK, have been contemplating one for a while, and after watching videos, I am trying to decide which is the "best" quick hitch (at least for me). I have decided that it depends on whether you need a floating top link more often than not. Looks to me like if I am going to be doing a lot of bush hogging, the Pat's may be the answer, but if most of the attachments are not needing a floating top link, the 3 pt looks easier.

So, I am leaning toward Pat's, as I mostly use the bush hog and tiller. It would still mean getting on and off the tractor to hook up, but would save most of the aggravation. I also tend to cheat and drop the top link WAY back and use my old disc as a row hipper.

Any thoughts, experiences, or input would be greatly appreciated.

Doc
I considered both. Alot of the cutters now days are ok for a QH. There is also a floating adapter for QH's that have a removable top hitch. In the end, I went with a QH. Once your equipment works with it, it makes life so much easier. The wife has no trouble going from one implement to another with it.