Which mid-mower for L185?

mike837go

Equipment
L185 2WD, MF1010, Ford 2110, MM Big Mo 500
Aug 8, 2011
Campbell Hall, NY USA
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, but I've had an L185 for a bunch of years now. It never quite lived up to my expectations. The 2WD and turf tires just can't push much snow or dirt. The tires also spin inside the chains.

I just bought a used [another brand] tractor that has 4WD and a loader.

Now I can put the Kubota L185 to good use as a finish mower.

Does anbody know which model Kubuta brand mid-mount mower fits the L185?

Or any other after-market mid-mower?

Thanks,
Mike

Orange Tractors

Equipment
L175 w/Woods L59, Allis Chalmers WD
Jul 19, 2009
Butler, MO
Mike,

I don't know if they still make it but Woods did make a couple of models of their L59 to fit the small Kubotas; the L59-K17 and K18. I think the L59-K18 is for the L185.

My manual is playing hide and seek at the moment, so I can't tell you for sure which other models they fit; but I remember that both models fit at least two Kubota tractors.

I have an L175 with the L59-K17 that works great as a lawnmower, the only thing I don't like about it is that it is rear discharge, so grass clippings get blown onto everything under the tractor.

If you plan to use your L185 for any other tractor job, you might be better off to get a three point hitch finish mower. The belly mower is a PITA to take off, I use my AC WD for any tractor type jobs just so I don't have to take the deck off the 175.

Robert

mike837go

Equipment
L185 2WD, MF1010, Ford 2110, MM Big Mo 500
Aug 8, 2011
Campbell Hall, NY USA
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the info.

But I was hoping for the model number for the Kubota Brand mid-mower that was designed for the L185. Then try and find a used one in reasonable condition.

I had an International Cub Lo-boy with a woods 59 under it for several years. It was an 'everywhere discharge' after the sides rusted out.

You are quite correct that a belly mower is a royal pain to mount and dismount. But you can't beat 'em for control and mowing in whatever direction the tractor happens to be heading at the moment. The L185 came with a 3-point finish mower. Even after 3 modifications, it just doesn't do the job properly.

Because of the puchase (and de-lousing) of a new-to-me 4x4 compact tractor (Massey 1010), the L185 is now going to be used just as a lawn mower and very light drayage.

Thanks,
Mike

EDIT (8/11/11): Some digging on Kubota's web site suggests the model # is L-65. Can anyone confirm this? The number is so simple that a Google search is useless!

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I know this is well after the post was made but the correct model is the L65
To verify go to Kubota on line parts catalog and search model L185DT (not listed under the L185F for some reason) and select "local options" in the search results.

It will take you to the list of options for accessories for the L185 model

here is a link to the parts muanual

http://kpad2.kubota.co.jp/kpad2/PartsInfo.do?bookCd=100Z0122&funcCd=&figNo=&dispType=0

luto

Equipment
B7100hst
Sep 14, 2012
Hamilton, On
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the info.

But I was hoping for the model number for the Kubota Brand mid-mower that was designed for the L185. Then try and find a used one in reasonable condition.

I had an International Cub Lo-boy with a woods 59 under it for several years. It was an 'everywhere discharge' after the sides rusted out.

You are quite correct that a belly mower is a royal pain to mount and dismount. But you can't beat 'em for control and mowing in whatever direction the tractor happens to be heading at the moment. The L185 came with a 3-point finish mower. Even after 3 modifications, it just doesn't do the job properly.

Because of the puchase (and de-lousing) of a new-to-me 4x4 compact tractor (Massey 1010), the L185 is now going to be used just as a lawn mower and very light drayage.

EDIT (8/11/11): Some digging on Kubota's web site suggests the model # is L-65. Can anyone confirm this? The number is so simple that a Google search is useless!
RC54/60-25 will work on all Lseries tractors.
luto

luto

Equipment
B7100hst
Sep 14, 2012
Hamilton, On
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the info.

Thanks,
Mike

RC54/60-25 will work on all L series of tractors.
I am in the process of reconditioning one.
luto