Where to find front to rear drive ratios?

Wild and Free

Equipment
B2150 HSD w/Case L340 fel 68" quicktach bkt, 60" jinma snowblower, box scraper
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
I have read and searched for days on this forum and I find people talking about the drive ratios for specific tractors to find proper tire size.

I saw some talk about finding it in the archives here but I have yet to be able to find any charts listing all the tractors and the front to rear drive ratios.

I have found several threads talking about the B8200 being about the same as my
B2150 at 1.6911.

I found a post by Ecook about swapping to industrial tires on his B8200 from turf and he had the same sized turf tires as I do and he mounted them on the same rims and it worked great for him, that aside I thought there would be a chart here somewhere listing all the tractor models and the ratios but it is eluding me.

Anyone know where to find this info?:confused:

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
If you have a parts manual, they list the tooth count of every gear in the tractor. If you are mathematically inclined you can figure out the ratio, although it can be a bear. When you finally end up around 1.5 to one, you are probably right. You can always ask your dealer - they seem to have a wealth of obscure information not readily available to us mortals.
Once you have the gear ratio, you want the tire ratio to be a few percent smaller - you want the front tires to be pulling the rear ones just a little bit.