Where did you buy

workhorse

Jan 14, 2016
Alden, franklinville, boston
Had a nice land pride GS1560 with scarifiers. Ended up selling and getting a box scraper. I used mine for a stone driveway and it did good, but the box can do almost as good and ton of other tasks that the plane couldn't.

My advice is get a box, unless you have a stone/gravel driveway that has a good top coat of even stone (#2 crushed, driveway blend, etc) and you intend on or have the need to plane more than once a year. If not, you can do just as good of job with a box and some finesse. My .02

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
I bought mine used at a local John Deere dealer, a 6' one.

Everything attachments delivers for free within 1000 miles of their facility in NC. I have several of their implements are they are quality made and in US.

I have 3/4 of drive I maintain with mine and it does a fine job. Set, drop and go, gravel flows out the rear and road looks great. While a box would work and it more adapt for many applications it would work me to death over the time it took to maintain my road.

I drag my road every two months unless we get a lot of rain and it washes I do it more often. I would not sale it unless I could get another one.

Attachments

jnldr

Equipment
L2800
Mar 12, 2010
Knox TN
Yep, I have a box blade but I think a land plane would be sooo much easier....

huntfishquest.com