where are the pressure relief valves on a kabota b 1500

dleath2003

Equipment
kabota b1550
Jun 16, 2020
Newfane NY
having problems with my hydrolics on my kabota 1500 bucket doesn't want a lift any weight and moves very slowly when tractor is more

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
having problems with my hydrolics on my kabota 1500 bucket doesn't want a lift any weight and moves very slowly when tractor is more
More details on your tractor please.

Is the loader using the main Kubota pump or does it have a pump driven off the front of the engine crankshaft and with its own oil supply?

Does the 3 pt hitch pick up the usual weight or is it too struggling.

Have you removed and cleaned the suction screen?

These next two images are from a B2710 but will be almost identical to your tractor.

forum B2710 screen.jpg

forum B2710 screen 1.jpg

Does your loader have quick connects for the lines to the loader cylinders?

Is your loader fed from a hydraulic block?

Investing $30 in a 0-3,000 psi pressure gauge would be a good idea.

Once you have answered the questions more comments can be provided

Dave

dleath2003

Equipment
kabota b1550
Jun 16, 2020
Newfane NY
the loader is using the main kabota pump, 3 point hitch and mower deck is acting sluggish, lower cylinders are threaded but from the pump to the lever control valve have quick disconnect, not sure what you mean by a hydraulic block feeding the loader, i do have a 0 to 5000 pressure gauge but i need fittings to adapt to take pressure readings. the problem originated when my neighbor accidentally dumped approximately about a court of weed killer that was in a hydraulic oil can after blowing a couple hoses from the loader. sinse then i ve had a constant problem with the filter screen gumming up with a white substance which i imagine is a water or some type of moisture. sense that time i have replaced all the hydraulic roses and have tried to clean all the moisture out of the system, and have flushed it 3 times with kabota hydraulic fluid

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
the loader is using the main kabota pump, 3 point hitch and mower deck is acting sluggish, lower cylinders are threaded but from the pump to the lever control valve have quick disconnect, not sure what you mean by a hydraulic block feeding the loader, i do have a 0 to 5000 pressure gauge but i need fittings to adapt to take pressure readings
This illustration is from a B1550 but I expect the hydraulic block will look similar.

Do the lines to your loader valve originate from something like this.?
forum B1500 block.jpg

Have you cleaned the suction screen?

Dave

dleath2003

Equipment
kabota b1550
Jun 16, 2020
Newfane NY
i cleaned what i thought was the suction screen but mine didn't have a pipe coming out the end it was just a not with a spring loaded screen similar but figure 7 is a rubber hose going back up into the engine compartment. i am at a loss because i do not have a part orientation pur the numbers. and seeing as i do not have a computer it is very difficult to look this up, because my smart TV will not open up pdf files

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
i cleaned what i thought was the suction screen but mine didn't have a pipe coming out the end it was just a not with a spring loaded screen similar but figure 7 is a rubber hose going back up into the engine compartment. i am at a loss because i do not have a part orientation pur the numbers. and seeing as i do not have a computer it is very difficult to look this up, because my smart TV will not open up pdf files

Can we go backwards for a minute.

In your post you said you had a 1500 but in your profile I now see you actually have a B1550 so I was confused.

Which model of B1550 do you have? Does it have a hydrostatic transmission or a manual gear shift? Is it two or four wheel drive?

Which pdf's are you wanting to see. I can turn them into pictures if that will help.

Dave

dleath2003

Equipment
kabota b1550
Jun 16, 2020
Newfane NY
Can we go backwards for a minute.

In your post you said you had a 1500 but in your profile I now see you actually have a B1550 so I was confused.

Which model of B1550 do you have? Does it have a hydrostatic transmission or a manual gear shift? Is it two or four wheel drive?

Which pdf's are you wanting to see. I can turn them into pictures if that will help.

Dave

dleath2003

Equipment
kabota b1550
Jun 16, 2020
Newfane NY
i have a b 1550, 4 wheel drive it's a 6 speed 3 gears plus reverse high and low, model 1550d pictures would be great

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
i have a b 1550, 4 wheel drive it's a 6 speed 3 gears plus reverse high and low, model 1550d pictures would be great
I do not have a B1550 to take pictures of.

What I was offering to do was to go to web sites and instead of down loading pdf files to post, I would take screen shots which then would be in my posts as images like the first two I posted of the suction screen and suction pipe.

Dave

dleath2003

Equipment
kabota b1550
Jun 16, 2020
Newfane NY
I do not have a B1550 to take pictures of.

What I was offering to do was to go to web sites and instead of down loading pdf files to post, I would take screen shots which then would be in my posts as images like the first two I posted of the suction screen and suction pipe.

Dave
honestly anything would help, my smart TV isn't so smart and will not open the pdf file so i can read them, my phone will however they are too small and i can not print them out to make them bigger. my dad always told me don't get old now i m understanding why.LOL thank you so much for the time spent and trying to help you don't know how much i appreciate it.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
not sure if you got my last message
I did get it.

Go back to post #2, the one right after your initial post. In that post were two parts "photos." One was of an actual suction strainer and the other was a parts illustration showing where the suction strainer is located. Neither of those were pdf files. Could you see them clearly?

When hydraulics start to operate poorly, the suction screen is the first thing to check.

Dave

dleath2003

Equipment
kabota b1550
Jun 16, 2020
Newfane NY
yes i have cleaned the suction screen, it seems to be full of a milky white substance. that's why i would like to know where the pressure relief valves are to make sure they're not blocked.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
yes i have cleaned the suction screen, it seems to be full of a milky white substance. that's why i would like to know where the pressure relief valves are to make sure they're not blocked.
If your hydraulic fluid is that color it has water in it and a complete change is called for.

The main relief valve is in the hydraulic block which was a photo I posted earlier.

Your pump may be bad from trying to work with a water contaminated fluid.

The likelyhood of the relief valve being blocked by watery fluid is very low.

There is a second relief valve incorporated into the control valve for the 3 pt hitch

Dave

Hillbilly77

Jun 19, 2016
New York
....a white substance which i imagine is a water or some type of moisture. sense that time i have replaced all the hydraulic roses and have tried to clean all the moisture out of the system, and have flushed it 3 times with kabota hydraulic fluid
yes i have cleaned the suction screen, it seems to be full of a milky white substance.
You said that you’ve flushed the system 3 times and the oil is still milky.
Let me ask a dumb question.

Are you sure that you are removing every drain plug and draining the entire system?
I’m not familiar with your B1550 but I know my L4310 has several drain plugs. If you aren’t getting all of the oil drained out, you’re immediately contaminating the fresh oil when you pour it in. A little contamination goes a long way.

dleath2003

Equipment
kabota b1550
Jun 16, 2020
Newfane NY
to my knowledge yes i have removed all the hydraulic oil fluid. the suction screen has the milky white fluid but also has little bit of sand like particles. i'm not saying it's sand that's just the size and shape. it probably is the pump but i m going or should i say hoping i don't have to change it.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
pressure reading was for 400 pounds
Two aspects of your posts confuse me.

In the beginning you said the 3 pt worked but slugishly.

With 400 psi I would not think it would lift much weight at all.

I am concerned about where and how you measured the 400 psi because if it is really that low a new pump is needed.

Dave