Wheel spacers for b2601

robert2601

Aug 18, 2021
Afton,Tn
I just ordered a B2601 and asked dealer about getting rear wheel spacers as I have a slopping 6 acre field to mow. The tractor has a mid mount 60" deck and they told me that spacers do not work with this deck but I see others here have spacers on thier tractors with this deck. Any advice for this newbie here would be appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user

Docdan7

Equipment
Two B2601
Nov 7, 2021
Williamsburg,Pennsylvania
I've installed 1.5 inch rear wheel spacers in both my wife and my B2601 tractors with the 60 inch mid mount mowers. We agree on improved side hill stability and peace of mind. No clearance issues with thr R14 tires.
Bro-tec spacers painted Kubota grey looks like they should have been there from the factory.

Tioga Tim

Equipment
B2620
Nov 11, 2020
Upstate New York
I just ordered a B2601 and asked dealer about getting rear wheel spacers as I have a slopping 6 acre field to mow. The tractor has a mid mount 60" deck and they told me that spacers do not work with this deck but I see others here have spacers on thier tractors with this deck. Any advice for this newbie here would be appreciated.
Pretty sure you can only go with 1.5" spacers with the MMM. I put 3" spacers on my 2620 and am very pleased - it was pretty scary stock. But I won't every use a MMM, will eventually get a rear finish mower possibly.

Mossy dell

Equipment
B2601 (2021) JD970 (1998) B2100 (1991) B6100E (1988)
Jul 20, 2020
sw VA
I had 3" spacers put on mine but I don't have a mid-mount mower to worry about. I have only ever used mine with spacers and it has not felt tippy. Rear tires also loaded and I carry a rear implement or a Heavy Hitch with 650 lbs. If your slopes are steep I might use front weights too. Actually I would now except I always have the loader on.

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
Is there room between the outside of your back tires and the inside of gauge wheels on the deck, or whatever comes closest to the tires? If so, you have that much room, minus a little for some clearance, for spacers.

If you haven't mounted the deck yet, the safest and surest way to determine spacers is to mount it and see.

trueg50

Equipment
B2601
Jul 1, 2020
Vermont
A little late, but hey with the supply issues you've got a few months..

6 acres is a good chunk of land, have you considered a rear finish mower? 2601 can take a 60" model for sure, but might be able to handle a 72".

robert2601

Aug 18, 2021
Afton,Tn
A little late, but hey with the supply issues you've got a few months..

6 acres is a good chunk of land, have you considered a rear finish mower? 2601 can take a 60" model for sure, but might be able to handle a 72".
I am leaning towards mowing it with the 60" MMM. I used to mow the field with a BX2350 but was hoping to cut down no of times to mow with a bush hog type mower.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have the same issue and I cant get an answer either, I really need a dealer that will tell us the truth and not BS

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I have the same issue and I cant get an answer either, I really need a dealer that will tell us the truth and not BS
I may be missing something, but if one already has the tractor and MMM on hand, couldn't one just look at the set up and see how much the rear wheels could move out without hitting something like the gage wheels on the mower deck?

Granted, if no tractor is there yet, then one would rely on asking a question to the dealer, who would hopefully know the answer. BUT if the dealer does not know the answer...how can he give one? Granted he should know all the answers...but...

In my case I could follow others with my BX with MMM. So I just did what others did here before me, and went with what worked for them.

With my B2910 I do not have a MMM so whatever I would choose to do would work. I am thinking 4" spacers if I ever bite the bullet and order them.