What's it worth - B7510 vs B2620

trikepilot

Equipment
B2620HSD w/ LA364 BH65, 48in Bush Hog, Bush Hog rear blade, Woods 5ft Box Blade
Jul 18, 2020
Hardy, VA
I bought a 2011 B7510 and 4 implements. It did not, however, have a front end loader. My order for a LA302 FEL has been pushed back 3x and is now gonna be built in Feb - if even then.

I am considering just trading in or selling my B7510 and buying a nice used B2620 I found at my local dealer. This 2620 is maybe a bit more than I need but looks like the backhoe could be handy at times.

To do the pro/con math on this thing... I need to figure out relative values of each machine. My google searches have yielded scant results. I am hoping the collective wisdom here can shed some light. Here are the specs...

2011 B7510
415hrs
Industrial tires
Exc condition
Recently fully serviced
No implements
3 front weights
Gear drive (not HST)

2013 B2620
Quick attach front loader
Subframe backhoe w/ thumb
230hrs
HST
Fully serviced
Canopy

Thanks in advance!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Good place to start is to see what folks are asking for similar tractors. Asking prices can vary greatly from sale prices:

https://www.machinerypete.com/listings/tractors/under-40-hp/kubota

trikepilot

Equipment
Jul 18, 2020
Hardy, VA
Good place to start is to see what folks are asking for similar tractors. Asking prices can vary greatly from sale prices:

https://www.machinerypete.com/listings/tractors/under-40-hp/kubota

Thanks. Yeah... I have been all over the interwebs googling to sites like MachineryPete. It is hard to find a good match to the two tractors I have listed. and as you note... ask price and sale price are not always so closely connected.

My gut reaction is that I should stick with the 7510 I have and continue to wait on the FEL. Then I should rent a MiniEx for any bucket work.

H

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
My gut reaction is that I should stick with the 7510 I have and continue to wait on the FEL. Then I should rent a MiniEx for any bucket work.
Depends what you are trying to achieve. I added an FEL to my 15 year old BX. I sold it recently, and in reality it sold for the same price as a BX with a 15 year old loader - putting a new loader on it was a really bad financial decision. (However, in terms of me having the tractor I wanted at the time, it was an excellent decision)

An HST is a good upgrade. FEL already on the tractor is a good upgrade.

A backhoe has mixed reviews - I think the answer is that if you have lots of small jobs that you would end up doing by hand or not at all unless the backhoe was right there, then a backhoe is great. If you have lots of digging to do, then a mini-ex is the way to go. I think it's more of a "I want it" than "I need it" purchase. It makes sense if you just want access to it when you want it, without turning things into a full day of going to rent a machine.

Overall, it'd be a good upgrade.

Throwing some numbers out there:
- B7510 - $7-8K without an FEL and gear drive. Maybe a bit less. But you also avoid spending $3K on a FEL so $10-11K
- B2620 - $15k I'd guess with backhoe.

You get the more power, the HST and the backhoe for $5K ish.

That's a good spend of money from my view. Also remember that tractors don't lose a lot of value, so you're probably getting most of that money back when you sell.

Reactions: 1 user

trikepilot

Equipment
Jul 18, 2020
Hardy, VA
Depends what you are trying to achieve. I added an FEL to my 15 year old BX. I sold it recently, and in reality it sold for the same price as a BX with a 15 year old loader - putting a new loader on it was a really bad financial decision. (However, in terms of me having the tractor I wanted at the time, it was an excellent decision)

An HST is a good upgrade. FEL already on the tractor is a good upgrade.

A backhoe has mixed reviews - I think the answer is that if you have lots of small jobs that you would end up doing by hand or not at all unless the backhoe was right there, then a backhoe is great. If you have lots of digging to do, then a mini-ex is the way to go. I think it's more of a "I want it" than "I need it" purchase. It makes sense if you just want access to it when you want it, without turning things into a full day of going to rent a machine.

Overall, it'd be a good upgrade.

Throwing some numbers out there:
- B7510 - $7-8K without an FEL and gear drive. Maybe a bit less. But you also avoid spending $3K on a FEL so $10-11K
- B2620 - $15k I'd guess with backhoe.

You get the more power, the HST and the backhoe for $5K ish.

That's a good spend of money from my view. Also remember that tractors don't lose a lot of value, so you're probably getting most of that money back when you sell.
Thanks for the perspective!

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Whatever it's worth.. expect 30 % less or more from the dealer.. if they will even take it in trade..

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Thanks. Yeah... I have been all over the interwebs googling to sites like MachineryPete. It is hard to find a good match to the two tractors I have listed. and as you note... ask price and sale price are not always so closely connected.

H
Remember that renting eats up cash pretty quick, and you have to do EVERYTHING you want to accomplish right NOW or pay even more.

Over 18 years I got a huge amount of use out of my tractor's backhoe. At my convenience. No worry about money going down the drain if I was not working fast enough, or if the weather soured.

For me it remains to be seen how much better a mini ex is. I just bought a used one and will probably sell my tractor backhoe.

I vote for buying the new tractor with the backhoe and not looking back! Your money though...:LOL: