What valve for 3pt snow blower discharge chute?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Here are the other ends.

Pic 1) Left side of box which is under gas pedal (only one on that side)/

Pic 2) Loader valve...is the one all the way to to the right...again by itself.

Let me know if you need anything else
Here is your plumbing diagram for the new valve:
  1. Disconnect hose feeding backhoe at loader valve and connect it to power beyond port on new auxiliary valve.
  2. Using a new hose connect power beyond port on loader valve to P port on new valve.
  3. Install a tee in the line going from T port on loader valve to hydraulic block. Using a new hose connect T port on new valve to the tee.
That is it - easy-peazy.

Dan

1663543857333.png

hendr1x

Equipment
L3130
Jan 21, 2021
New England, US
First, thank you so much for the diagram. I didn't realize what was involved. I've looked it over a few times now and if you would not mind, I would really appreciate some clarification. I'm completely new to this.

1) As seen in my picture I don't have a PB line currently on my loader valve. That is something I can just add in?

2) T is basically the drain on the system? Do you have a source where to get these T's? I'm not really clear how they work...does it require getting all new lines?

3) On the new valve. I am assuming I am only using one set (A1+A2 or whatever. The other is available to me if I add to it later? Does this require hoses or anything to fill in the not used ports?

4) Do you have a link for this recommended valve or a search term I could use to find it? Am I correct that this supports bi-directional flow?

5) Am I going to have to fabricate my own mount of this valve or is there an off the shelf choice available to me?

6) Do I need the adapter sleeve (N)? I assume all that is to make sure my existing hose can be reused right?

Thanks again.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
First, thank you so much for the diagram. I didn't realize what was involved. I've looked it over a few times now and if you would not mind, I would really appreciate some clarification. I'm completely new to this.

1) As seen in my picture I don't have a PB line currently on my loader valve. That is something I can just add in?

2) T is basically the drain on the system? Do you have a source where to get these T's? I'm not really clear how they work...does it require getting all new lines?

3) On the new valve. I am assuming I am only using one set (A1+A2 or whatever. The other is available to me if I add to it later? Does this require hoses or anything to fill in the not used ports?

4) Do you have a link for this recommended valve or a search term I could use to find it? Am I correct that this supports bi-directional flow?

5) Am I going to have to fabricate my own mount of this valve or is there an off the shelf choice available to me?

6) Do I need the adapter sleeve (N)? I assume all that is to make sure my existing hose can be reused right?

Thanks again.
Your loader valve has a power beyond connection and a tank return. Right now thw power beyond is going to thw rear for the quick coupler. The tank connection is going back to the hydraulic outlet block on the tractor. I will edit your picture and add labels for which is which. You can also find that in the owners manual for the tractor.

My picture was lifted from the Summit site and shows a two spool valve. You only need one for the snow blower but buying a valve with two or three is fine if you anticipate a use for them in the future.. You can plug the unused ports and remove the handles. A1 goes with B1, A2 goes with B2, etc.

I posted a link for the single spool valce earlier. I will post a link for the two and three spool ones in a bit.

You need the power beyond sleeve which screws into the N port on the valve. That is what gives you a power beyond and a tank return.

The tee is just a standard fitting and yes I can provide a source or supply them myself.. You will need a new hose for the loader power beyond to new valve connection. You will also need a new hose for the new valve to tank connection. You can buy standard premade hose assemblies which will require some adapters for the connections. You can buy custom made assemblies with exactly what you need on the ends but they cost more. I can make them as well.

You will have to fabricate a mount for the new valve. If you dont mind drilling holes you could probably bolt it right to a fender. You need to figure where that is going to go first and then you can measure for the hoses you need to buy.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
This is the hydraulic outlet block on your tractor. I could not find the owners manual but I think I have the ports labeled correctly if the directional arrow indicating front of tractor is correct.

Dan

1663635608944.png