What pto shaft series do I need?

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
Hi,

Been googling around but can't find the info yet. I need a new pto shaft and wondering what series I need?

This will go on a 4ft brush hog. There is lots of info on determining pto series but not what series pto a shaft a particular implement requires.

How do you properly size the series (not the length)

Thanks.

- Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
Thanks Pat. How are these things sized? How can I make this determination myself without posting online and hoping an implement dealer responds? [emoji3]Are they rated by hp or ...?

Thanks!

- Mike

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
It's up to the original manufacturer on what size they use! Yes certain for certain HP driven implements.

FYI below is a detailed in matching parts, but comes into play for determining sizing.

There is a certain amount of knowledge. Measure the cross cup diameter size and width across the cross/spider itself to determine the size and series. Also internal/external snap rings. Then you can match yokes, shafting style and shielding.

And each piece mentioned above has it's own sub categories, for instance shafting: rectangular, lemon, tri-lobe, splined, dimpled. And we have not hit US or metric (usually a puke yellow color yoke) and shaft wall size.

Pat

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
Ah! Makes sense. Replace with whatever was there before. Hope if it's used someone hasn't messed up and put on one under spec. Thanks pat!