What is this?

Justasquid

Equipment
L4240HSTC
Nov 2, 2020
Michigan
I sat on the seat and moved the lever up and down and it did absolutely nothing.
You need to rotate the handle, not move it up and down. It moves up and down to give you leverage.

( I see tthorkil replied this already as well)

Reactions: 1 user

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
Hey Tradosaurus,

Moving the tension control may not seem to do much, but it sure as heck seems to be what it is. My tractor is a ROP model with the adjustment in the back of the seat, and I have turned it and had the same result. Didn't seem to do much of anything. Not withstanding that, the parts diagram shows pretty clearly what the lever is supposed to be. Another Kubota mystery ? At any rate, I hope to figure it out to your own satisfaction! Good luck.

Attachments

Last edited:

tradosaurus

Equipment
Kubota MX5400 HST, Land Pride RCR2660 , EA 60" Xtreme grapple, EA box blade
Mar 7, 2019
Texarkana, Tx, USA
I went back to the tractor and tried turning the lever and nothing. Also tried using pliers to turn the stem of the lever and nothing.

Has anyone actually used their lever?

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
I watched the video in which the tractor features are reviewed (posted earlier). I looked at the section where the lever in question was discussed. I saw the same thing each of the times I played it. The seat moved up each time the lever was moved (up and down, not in a circle). The reviewer said something like "this is how you adjust seat tension depending on your weight". How about this. You sit on the seat, which stretches the springs as required by your weight. The lever locks the seat's upward travel, preventing the seat from bouncing way up and down when going over rough surfaces.

tradosaurus

Equipment
Kubota MX5400 HST, Land Pride RCR2660 , EA 60" Xtreme grapple, EA box blade
Mar 7, 2019
Texarkana, Tx, USA
If you look closely at the video you will notice that he is tipping the handle to use for leverage to turn the rod that it is connected to - the 'lever' is just used as a device to turn the rod ccw or cw to either adjust the seat suspension for more or less resistance.
Now its clear. Thanks to you and 100Akerwood for clarifying it. This has got to be the most idiotic design. Even the manual never mentioned how to do it. And I'm a mechanical engineer. :ROFLMAO:

And fabricators reading this you have a golden opportunity to make a a better adjuster.
seat knob.jpg