What is this under my seat?

rowboat

Equipment
zb7000
Oct 25, 2010
Galiano Is. BC
This looks like something significant But I can't find any info about it. Does anybody know? I'm talking about the horizontal cylinder with the large bolt head in the end directly under the seat support.

Attachments

rowboat

Equipment
zb7000
Oct 25, 2010
Galiano Is. BC
I'd like to set up a BEL like LRP has on his tractor. Is that auxiliary port useful to me for that ? Also what type of hydraulic system does this tractor have? I understand there are two types and I need to know in order to get the right control valve...

Rust Addict

Equipment
B6000E
Jan 2, 2010
Sidney, Maine, USA
I've wondered about this too, hey what's that nut for?

I'm assuming this is the pressure line connection. Does anyone know if there is any place for a return to tank line?

If there is no return then maybe you can you only plumb in a single actuatating cyclinder, and the open spool allows gravity to return the cylinder attachment and back flow 0 pressure oil to the tank.

It would be helpful if anyone has pictures for to see what Kubota had in mind when they put this on the the tractor. It had to be more than just for all of us to look at and wonder about.:confused:

Piker

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2320, 2002 Honda Rubicon
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
Hey Vic - if you have a front blade plumbed to this valve, can you use both front & back hydraulics by changing the selector from front to back? Like, raise a back blade with the hydraulic control lever, set lever in Neutral position, change selector to front & then use hydraulic control lever to raise blade/FEL up front? Will implement on back remain in raised position while doing this?

Piker

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2320, 2002 Honda Rubicon
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
Vic, still not clear on what happens to my raised rear blade if I switch the valve under the seat to the other port. Will it stay in the raised position? Is my hydraulic control lever going then going to control whatever is connected to the other port? To test the rear function, will I damage the pump if I raise the rear blade, lever in Neutral, & switch the valve to the currently blocked off port?

TrippeTree&Timber

Equipment
Kubota B6100 4wd
Dec 18, 2010
Rochester, NY,United States
Hi Vic, Now if I was to run a log splitter off the back, the port under the seat would be the outgoing to the splitter, and the return would go back into the transmission fill hole like you said. Now how would i control the splitter since there is the hydro control lever on the tractor, and then on the splitter, how could i hook it up so that i can run the splitter with just what is on the splitter? Thanks