what is the minimum sized trailer for a L2501 TLB

timdan94

Equipment
L 2501 TLB
Oct 25, 2011
Liberty Pa
I was wondering what is the minimum sized trailer for a L2501 TLB.
I want to only have a dump trailer to haul it in and was wondering if it would fit in the 14' I already have or if I have to go to a 16 or 18 ft dump trailer.

Midwest

Apr 4, 2018
Missouri
If it were me personally I would invest in a 16' or 18' flat deck trailer. You could probably snug it a 16' dump trailer but I would not like to haul that TLB with the backhoe either swung sideways to fit in the dump trailer or even straight up in transport position.

With the flat deck you could set your front loader down and set your backhoe down and not have to worry about closing the gate. IMO it would be much safer to haul that way and not to mention much easier to chain down with the flat deck. The downside would be having to haul the machine to a jobsite and then going back for your dump trailer unless you have 2 trucks available.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
you're going to need at least an 18 footer if you don't want to swing the hoe sideways.

I have to swing the hoe sideways as well on a 16 footer with the B2650.

timdan94

Equipment
L 2501 TLB
Oct 25, 2011
Liberty Pa
If it were me personally I would invest in a 16' or 18' flat deck trailer. You could probably snug it a 16' dump trailer but I would not like to haul that TLB with the backhoe either swung sideways to fit in the dump trailer or even straight up in transport position.

With the flat deck you could set your front loader down and set your backhoe down and not have to worry about closing the gate. IMO it would be much safer to haul that way and not to mention much easier to chain down with the flat deck. The downside would be having to haul the machine to a jobsite and then going back for your dump trailer unless you have 2 trucks available.
I'm really only looking to have one trailer do it all. I found a 20ft gooseneck dump trailer that I will probably end up getting.