What grease are you all using?

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Going to pull the trigger on the lube shuttle system and wanted to see what grease everyone is using for the various grease fittings on the FEL, BH, and drivetrain components on your CUTs.

I watched this Tractor Time with Tim video and another one by Airtec (a distributer of Lube Shuttle products) below on different greases for different applications. It appears the G200EP is great for bearing applications and the MOS2 is recommended for pin bushings on the loader. They also mention an Li400 grease that seems to work on all applications.

I hate using my current grease gun and it makes a huge mess. I have a locknlube which makes life a little easier but the lube shuttle will help keep the "job site" even cleaner and easier to apply grease during the recommended intervals.

I'm curious what you guys use and I'd anyone here uses the products I described above or in the videos below that might have some feedback.

@kreuss @Mossy dell @RalphVa - quick search showed me you guys have pulled the trigger on this system too. Curious on your feedback as well.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Going to pull the trigger on the lube shuttle system and wanted to see what grease everyone is using for the various grease fittings on the FEL, BH, and drivetrain components on your CUTs.

I watched this Tractor Time with Tim video and another one by Airtec (a distributer of Lube Shuttle products) below on different greases for different applications. It appears the G200EP is great for bearing applications and the MOS2 is recommended for pin bushings on the loader. They also mention an Li400 grease that seems to work on all applications.

I hate using my current grease gun and it makes a huge mess. I have a locknlube which makes life a little easier but the lube shuttle will help keep the "job site" even cleaner and easier to apply grease during the recommended intervals.

I'm curious what you guys use and I'd anyone here uses the products I described above or in the videos below that might have some feedback.

Oh NO!
Not yet ANOTHER best grease thread!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Oh NO!
Not yet ANOTHER best grease thread!
Nah, I don't care what anyone considers as "best", just checking what you all commonly use for different parts of your tractor so I can make an educated decision. Also seeing if anyone uses the lube shuttle system here as their recommendation will directly relate to my purchase. If you have nothing to add, feel free to carry on and ignore the thread - no harm, no foul.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
It is not as simple as you suggest.
There are thousands of "best grease" OPINIONS, and many will re-hashed here.
As you suggest,...... I will opt to ignore!

Reactions: 1 users

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
It is not as simple as you suggest.
There are thousands of "best grease" OPINIONS, and many will re-hashed here.
As you suggest,...... I will opt to ignore!
There can be no dispute - bacon grease is king. I use it for everything.

Dan

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
3% moly on everything. Old school gun, so no advice on the lube shuttle.

Reactions: 1 user

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Crack open the owners manuals and use moly or lithium where it says. Using suggestions from a crowd will drive you crazy.

Reactions: 2 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
There can be no dispute - bacon grease is king. I use it for everything.

Dan
If I'm going bacon grease for my bushings, I should go with beer for my ballast. 'Merica!

• Haha

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada

@kreuss @Mossy dell @RalphVa - quick search showed me you guys have pulled the trigger on this system too. Curious on your feedback as well.

I use Lucas X-tra Heavy Duty grease for everything. Has performed perfectly in all conditions. Waterproof, doesn't run when hot out +40C conditions, -25C it can still hand gun pump it through a zerk. Compatible with all common greases.
It's been 4 1/2 years using it here for all the zerks: FEL and Backhoe pins, snow blower fixed shaft bearings, u-joints of all kinds. Etc.
Everything is as solid as new.
For reference, have 820 hours on the tractor.

Reactions: 2 users

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I use Lucas X-tra Heavy Duty grease for everything. Has performed perfectly in all conditions. Waterproof, doesn't run when hot out +40C conditions, -25C it can still hand gun pump it through a zerk. Compatible with all common greases.

Second on the Lucas grease. Although I also don't use a hand pump(Milwaukee M18). Always wondered if Lucas grease is the same company that made electrical(Lucas the prince of darkness) parts for MG?

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Second on the Lucas grease. Although I also don't use a hand pump(Milwaukee M18). Always wondered if Lucas grease is the same company that made electrical(Lucas the prince of darkness) parts for MG?
Lucas Oil is an all American family business, and they're into sports arenas, car race tracks, and cattle too, it seems.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Kubota grease for tractors and Icon suspension on truck. Lucas for attachments, trailers, axles etc.

If I could start over I’d probably use Lucas HD Mining & Construction and ditch the Kubota grease. The Kubota grease is way to loose IMO when the weather is warm. I tend to overgrease so that probably doesn’t help. I use Milwaukee 18V grease gun with Kubota. I may switch yet :unsure:
2CECC2CF-3C93-430C-B93A-ACB3D4029F3B.png ED43EB0D-67F6-44B0-A117-D9D04B182CAA.png 692AED86-9538-4D24-9A86-F78E0E8D451B.png

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
I bought the lube shuttle with a case of multi purpose grease. Wish I'd only gotten the gun itself after finding out you can buy the replacement grease for lube shuttle at JD dealers. I've grease out my ears. Anyone here in central Va can come get some from me.

I put a LockNLube tip on the lube shuttle.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I've used Lucas Red n Tacky on pretty much everything on the tractor. I'm sure there will be posts that simply say whatever as long as you do it often and I think that's probably true.
fwiw I use a Dewalt 20v Max grease gun and a lock n lube

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Thank you all for the feedback, there are a lot of Lucas fans here haha. Even though I got a variety of answers, that leads me to the conclusion that grease brand/type is mostly personal preference and maybe the frequency of greasing is probably more important than the grease itself.

I checked the owners manual on recommended grease and the WSM for the LX2610 says "general purpose grease" which implies any old lithium grease should do and the FEL operators manual suggests Moly. Since Lucas doesn't make grease that works in the lube shuttle tubes, I don't feel like manually filling tubes, and I want one multipurpose grease that will work in nearly all applications, I opted for the Li400.

I was going to cheap out and go Moly for the FEL and GP200 for the rest of the tractor but I figured it'd be easier to stick with one.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thank you all for the feedback, there are a lot of Lucas fans here haha. Even though I got a variety of answers, that leads me to the conclusion that grease brand/type is mostly personal preference and maybe the frequency of greasing is probably more important than the grease itself.

I checked the owners manual on recommended grease and the WSM for the LX2610 says "general purpose grease" which implies any old lithium grease should do and the FEL operators manual suggests Moly. Since Lucas doesn't make grease that works in the lube shuttle tubes, I don't feel like manually filling tubes, and I want one multipurpose grease that will work in nearly all applications, I opted for the Li400.

I was going to cheap out and go Moly for the FEL and GP200 for the rest of the tractor but I figured it'd be easier to stick with one.
A VERY logical conclusion!