What fluids do you use and where do you get them?

Bruh44

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 29, 2023
North Carolina
I need to do my engine oil, hydraulic oil, and mower deck oil. On my BX2380. I picked up all the filters already. Planning to do it all this weekend.
I know you can get Kubota brand everything but that seems seriously overpriced. Any recommendations?
Thanks all.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
There are a multitude of oil threads with various folks swearing by various products. One thing pretty much everyone agrees on is use the K hydro oil. Especially if you have HST.
Other than that, the world is your oyster. Pick a solid brand diesel oil in the vis for your climate.

Reactions: 2 users

Mak65

Equipment
L2501 HST
Apr 25, 2019
TX
Well, I‘m guilty of overpriced. But, I know it meets spec. Buy them while getting the filters at the dealer. I have 3 Kubota dealers between my home and farm. None of which sold me the actual tractor. That dealer is 40 miles from my place in another direction. I make it a point to visit all of them from time.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I tend to get Rotella T4 engine oil at Canadian Tire when it's on sale in 5 gallon pails. They tend to have the best price on engine oils and they go on sale 40-60% off list.

Hydraulic oil I buy Kubota PremiumUDT in 5 gallon pails at the dealership. Cheap insurance and it works well in my two HST machines. For non-HST machines I've purchased bulk Shell or equivalent ISO/SAE grades in 50 gallon drums from my fuels+lubricants dealers. I won't buy mystery low cost fluids or filters.

If you are concerned about price then you should also be concerned about the cost or repairs and replacement machines. I use my equipment for work so there's a cost to downtime as well.

Reactions: 1 user

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
All OEM from the dealer I bought the tractor from. Too much invested to second guess using anything else.

SRRGC1

Equipment
BX1870-1, BX23S TLB, RTV XG850, MX5100DT
Jan 6, 2021
Bloomsburg
I need to do my engine oil, hydraulic oil, and mower deck oil. On my BX2380. I picked up all the filters already. Planning to do it all this weekend.
I know you can get Kubota brand everything but that seems seriously overpriced. Any recommendations?
Thanks all.
Just like Evil suggested, important to use SUDT2 in your transmission. Good quality DIESEL oil. I personally use Rotella T6 5w-40 in both my bx's.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
I get all fluids at the dealer when I buy the oil filter.
My hours are getting lower every year so the fluids tend to last a long time.
Oil is changed by the calendar and not by engine hours.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Agreed on the SUDT, engine oil I use M1 5w30, why? cause I use it in the HD and stuck with it,, but any oil that is diesel rated is good to go

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I buy Kubota fluids and filters from the Kubota dealer. After my pickup trucks, my tractor is the most necessary tool in the shed. I'll skimp on certain things, but not oil or branded filters.

Now, If I could be sure who makes Kubota's fluids, I'd buy that if it was A LOT cheaper.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I buy Kubota fluids and filters from the Kubota dealer. After my pickup trucks, my tractor is the most necessary tool in the shed. I'll skimp on certain things, but not oil or branded filters.

Now, If I could be sure who makes Kubota's fluids, I'd buy that if it was A LOT cheaper.
I use SUDT2 fluid for hydraulics and transmission, but Valvoline extreme synthetic diesel oil in the motor. Because I prefer synthetics, Cummins endorses it, and Kubota doesn’t sell a synthetic oil.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I get all fluids at the dealer when I buy the oil filter.
My hours are getting lower every year so the fluids tend to last a long time.
Oil is changed by the calendar and not by engine hours.
I bought a high performance sports car back in 2017. Owner's manual says change the oil every 6 months regardless of the miles. Sometimes the car sits in the garage for 6 months. Not driven.

I changed it a few times every 6 months and watched clean new oil drain out. Now that the warranty has expired I change it every 3,000 miles, even though the dash guage says oil life is at 70 percent.

But, if you use your equipment all the time, a calender is an easy way to go. Definitely.

My motorcycles, ATV's, lawn mowers, walk behind snow blower and log splitter oil get changed by the calender. I reuse my car's oil in my cheaper mowers.

Last edited:

DDCD

Equipment
1964 MF135, L2501
May 8, 2021
Oklahoma
Rotella T6 5-40 in the Kubota.Synthetic.

Rotella T4 15-40 in the 60 year old tractor. Dino oil.

Really any name brand diesel oil will be fine. You can spend years reading on bob's the oil guy forums.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I prefer Goose Island and usually get it at the golf course. All of the Kubota products I have tried taste like petroleum. :oops:

Dan

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
Only OEM filters from the local dealer, SUDT2 again from local dealer. Shell Rotella T-6 (which I also use in my walk behind Honda mower and my new Toro snow blower). Makes my life easier stocking one oil for outdoor equipment.
Coolant was interesting. Last trip to dealer I asked them about coolant. They did not have any on hand. But, the parts guy said it's the same coolant many Japanese cars use (specifically Honda and Toyota). I told him I keep Toyota "pink" premix on hand for my Toyota and he told me "perfect" use that. So last year that's what went in the Kubota. Seems to be fine. Not a chemist but I did the flush with distilled water until clear and clean, then emptied the rad and block, and filled with Toyota Pink Premix

Dave Ogren

Equipment
BX23S w/FEL &BH &60" Mowing Deck, 48" Dirty Dog Box Blade, 48" Tar River Tiller,
Feb 16, 2022
Asheville, N. C.
I only use Wix filters on everything. I have read many times they are the best available.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Only OEM filters from the local dealer, SUDT2 again from local dealer. Shell Rotella T-6 (which I also use in my walk behind Honda mower and my new Toro snow blower). Makes my life easier stocking one oil for outdoor equipment.
Coolant was interesting. Last trip to dealer I asked them about coolant. They did not have any on hand. But, the parts guy said it's the same coolant many Japanese cars use (specifically Honda and Toyota). I told him I keep Toyota "pink" premix on hand for my Toyota and he told me "perfect" use that. So last year that's what went in the Kubota. Seems to be fine. Not a chemist but I did the flush with distilled water until clear and clean, then emptied the rad and block, and filled with Toyota Pink Premix
82 years old.
Have owned multiple vehicles over past 66 years.
Have NEVER used distilled water to flush, or to run in a radiator.
Plain water from hose spigot has never been an issue.
Hoping my luck holds for the next 66 years.

Last edited:

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Thanks all.
Kubota SUDT (or Premium UDT here in Canada) and all filters from Kubota dealer.

Don't even bother looking for a "suitable" replacement hyd oil of another brand. The stuff that apparently can do the job is just as expensive as the K brand.

Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 for engine oil from wherever it's cheapest at the time.

It takes some forethought but I found a good deal for the K branded items, hydraulic oil and filters, from an online parts store in New Brunswick, https://www.shopnovaintl.com if you're in Canada.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

I think I read on here long time back big K filters are made by WIX