What does everyone collect or do for a hobby?

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
That’s awesome man, small world though. Where in New Jersey did you used to live?
Sussex Co, Byram/Andover. We've had a place up here for 20 Years now. After 911 I thought we needed a place to Bug out to if needed and sure enough, after Sandy I sent my wife, 2Lab's and cat up here for a 10 days. I had to work and no power at home it all worked out.

Reactions: 1 user

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Saw these today at the Local car show. Didn’t take much for pictures today lol but I got these on the way out

Attachments

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
There's more and more folk's moving up from NJ everyday, I know of 5 in the last year and more planning on doing it.
i hate The politics of New Jersey, but i like Being able to make easy money doing lots of different things. And i like The high pay

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
i hate The politics of New Jersey, but i like Being able to make easy money doing lots of different things. And i like The high pay
Been there and done that. That's way we're here. My better half and I worked in BIG Pharma for along time and got out of a Rat Race.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
No I don't know him, but I used to live in NJ and moved up here full time 4 years ago.
My wife and her work buddy are in your neck of the woods - - were tasting wines at Tug Hill Winery.

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Been there and done that. That's way we're here. My better half and I worked in BIG Pharma for along time and got out of a Rat Race.
I hear ya man. It gets old after a while. If it wasn’t for all this covid stuff that’s been going on. I would have bought property in the mountains already.

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Hmm, are firearms a hobby if only 3? I got them more as a necessity than anything else. Got a CCW Ruger LC9S Pro, nice little gun that hides well, but can hit the mass above the shoulders on a snap. My other two are rifles. A Henry Evil Roy. Accurate out of the box, no tweaking of the sights needed. I use it for 75+ yard shooting and have a scope on it.

Yeah I know, You scoped a lever gun!!! I hate raccoons, and the further away I leave their bodies the better. Damned things got into my attic last year and made a mess.

My other rifle is a Ruger AR556. Man is that gun fun to shoot. Expensive though when you consider each 30 round mag cost $12 or more to shoot. I bought a CMMG .22 conversion for it with 4 mags, now I can plink away up to 100 yards with it all day for a lot less. Highly recommend the CMMG for those with AR rifles who just want to shoot paper all day. The one and only thing to be careful of is use plated ammo, not plain lead, or it will foul the barrel and gas tube.

What I do after running whatever amount of 22 through it that I want and wrapping up, I will flood some Barristol down the barrel and chamber, let it sit while I put everything away, then run a snake through a couple times, and put the 556 bolt back in and shoot a few .223 rounds through to clear the gas tube. Makes it easier to clean when I get home since the tube has been flushed.

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Hmm, are firearms a hobby if only 3? I got them more as a necessity than anything else. Got a CCW Ruger LC9S Pro, nice little gun that hides well, but can hit the mass above the shoulders on a snap. My other two are rifles. A Henry Evil Roy. Accurate out of the box, no tweaking of the sights needed. I use it for 75+ yard shooting and have a scope on it.

Yeah I know, You scoped a lever gun!!! I hate raccoons, and the further away I leave their bodies the better. Damned things got into my attic last year and made a mess.

My other rifle is a Ruger AR556. Man is that gun fun to shoot. Expensive though when you consider each 30 round mag cost $12 or more to shoot. I bought a CMMG .22 conversion for it with 4 mags, now I can plink away up to 100 yards with it all day for a lot less. Highly recommend the CMMG for those with AR rifles who just want to shoot paper all day. The one and only thing to be careful of is use plated ammo, not plain lead, or it will foul the barrel and gas tube.

What I do after running whatever amount of 22 through it that I want and wrapping up, I will flood some Barristol down the barrel and chamber, let it sit while I put everything away, then run a snake through a couple times, and put the 556 bolt back in and shoot a few .223 rounds through to clear the gas tube. Makes it easier to clean when I get home since the tube has been flushed.
3 of them is a hobby and a collection!

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I have/had a few Mosin's. :)
WWII Crate.jpg Mosin Nagants_2.jpg Mosin Nagants_3.jpg
There's 10 more underneath the top row. At the bottom of the crate are all the matching bayonets and other accoutrements.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
What do you swing? I'm using an Equinox 800 with an AT Pro as backup and fresh water hunting.
Minelab Explorer 2 with 4x6, 10, & 16 inch coils.

tractorX

Equipment
KUBOTA L2501 DT 5' BOX BLADE 42" FORKS PIRANHA TB 5' BUSH HOG 6' GRADER
Sep 27, 2013
Rock Spring GA.
started collecting round 8. gave my son the collection last year. i think to date probably worth 40-50k? here's a few issues i didn't have, picked these up at comic con atlanta.
back in the day Ma would give me $4 a month for chores and cutting grass. id take 75 cent and walk up to 7 11. that was enough to buy the last edition, a coke and candy bar... never woulda imagined they be worth some much $$$!
btw i also have ~ couple hundred lionel engines and cars... no idea what it's worth
IMG_0740.JPG
t

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
started collecting round 8. gave my son the collection last year. i think to date probably worth 40-50k? here's a few issues i didn't have, picked these up at comic con atlanta.
back in the day Ma would give me $4 a month for chores and cutting grass. id take 75 cent and walk up to 7 11. that was enough to buy the last edition, a coke and candy bar... never woulda imagined they be worth some much $$$!
btw i also have ~ couple hundred lionel engines and cars... no idea what it's worth View attachment 69314 t
Nice! I wouldn’t say i “collect” comic books, but i have Hundreds of them. Inherited, flea finds, yard sales and what not. Never even went through them or anything. But super awesome man 💪🏻 Nice gun collection too 👌🏻