What damage can repeated Jump Starting cause?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I still have one...'somewhere'.... don't loo that pretty though !
It's used to power the starter relay( 1 amp ) NOT jump the battery +ve to the starter +ve(300amps) though.
I did post a 60amp push button switch from Princess Auto for $10 ? that would though. Dang copper wire to get from battery to dash to starter woill cost a LOT more than the switch !

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I still have one...'somewhere'.... don't loo that pretty though !
It's used to power the starter relay( 1 amp ) NOT jump the battery +ve to the starter +ve(300amps) though.
I did post a 60amp push button switch from Princess Auto for $10 ? that would though. Dang copper wire to get from battery to dash to starter woill cost a LOT more than the switch !
The one I pictured is for jumping a starter solenoid or relay to battery. That's an order of magnitude less than starter motor current. Given its HF its probably marginal ampacity for that.

Dan

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
I am NOT bridging at the starter motor itself.....I am "bridging" the red and black leads coming into the starter rely harness which holds the starter relay switch
You must be misreading wire colors.... that relay is picked using BRown wire(+) and Black wire with white stripe(gnd)

[I am looking at the schematic diagram.... is it not correct?]

My goodness, looking at the schematic, there are ONLY a keyswitch and a 5A fuse in that circuit. (to Brown wire)

ALL THE SAFETY-SWITCHES ARE ON THE GROUND-CIRCUIT OF THE RELAY (Black wire with white stripe) and you already told us that is not the problem

Last edited: