What About Your Tractor Makes You Swear?

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Two problems only with my B2320, one which I fixed yesterday.
I have the quick mount on my box blade and finish mower. Whoever set up the equipment didn't think to mount the lower brackets on the mower to the outside of the frame so I had to adjust the spacing every time I changed the implements. I took care of that yesterday, took 5 minutes and wondered why the crew at the dealership didn't think about it.
And the other issue is simple.....I'm retired (read OLD) and lifting up a 5 gallon can to the center of the hood to refill, without scratching the new paint (6 week old tractor) or spilling the diesel down the side of the hood is a pain.
The tractor itself has given me no issues.:D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Im (old) too just go with 2 1/2 gallon gas cans that works, or get one of those pumps ya crank with a hose, all kinds of answers :D

damfarm

Equipment
BX1860
Apr 19, 2017
Huntington, MA
Removing the cowling; I snapped both connection tabs right off the first time I tried it (it was 20 degrees out and I was in a hurry to replace fuel filters and continue with a job). There HAS to be a better way to attach a simple cover than the current design.:mad:

kwanwon

Equipment
Kubota B26 TLB, 2 Yanmars, and a Husqvarna 2653
Mar 9, 2017
Camas Wa
Steering brakes nearly impossible to use on my B26, many times I need to use them while using down pressure on the loader bucket back dragging.
Hard to hook up to PTO shaft with slip collar, not too bad with push button style.
The things I love about it would be way to much to list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BotaLoda

Equipment
BX2370, Loader w/tooth bar, MMM, sub soiler, 5' rake, rear ballast box, forks.
Feb 28, 2017
Cosby, TN
Shortly after learning how to tear out small trees, having one slide down the loader into the top of the gauges and breaking the glass. Less than 50 hours. Dang. :(

When I saw my turn signal lenses missing, yes I swore. Then I found them intact in the dirt and popped them back into place. Love the way they pop out and don't break!!! :D

Last edited:

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Sourcing parts. The hydraulic pump seal was leaking into the crankcase (seems like there are better places to leak trans fluid). Took me about a month and buying 3 seals to get the right one.

BotaLoda

Equipment
BX2370, Loader w/tooth bar, MMM, sub soiler, 5' rake, rear ballast box, forks.
Feb 28, 2017
Cosby, TN
Shortly after learning how to tear out small trees, having one slide down the loader into the top of the gauges and breaking the glass. Less than 50 hours. Dang.
And to make it worse, you can't buy just the glass. Close to $250 with shipping for a new "meter panel". I think I may see if I can get it apart and replace the glass with Lexan.

Racer X

Equipment
GR2110 ~ 1948 Ford 8N ~ 1948 Adams Motor Grader ~ Kubota L260
Apr 28, 2017
The Great Pacific Northwet
What about my tractor makes me swear?

Not much really.

My tractors give me hours of quality time. Be it while riding in the seat working the mower, hauling a wagon load of branches and brush down to the river, raking or blading the road or pulling the disc to prep a lawn.

Then there is the maintenance and repairs. I have always had a passion for things mechanical. Even when I worked every day as a mechanic, I would come home, have dinner, and go out to my shop and work. Work on my cars, pickups, tractors, grader, race car, even take on side work to earn extra money for racing. I found something I truly enjoy doing and have never really worked a day in my life.

What makes me swear are the idiots of the world.

So I try to stay in my own little corner of Paradise by the River, mind my own, and try not to speak poorly. Remember, profanity is the linguistic tool of the inarticulate.

dandeman

Equipment
BX2230, LA211 FEL, RCK60B Mower, GCK60BX Bagger; Ford 4000, bush hog, blade, etc
Aug 9, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
www.dan-de-man.net
BX2230... replacing the under frame fuel filter.. and some nits I've had to fix myself..... things not securely mounted under hood as they should be..

I noticed both of these from the rattling sounds underhood that didn't sound right..

1) the air filter housing.. can go into strong resonant vibrations driven by engine vibration. I think Kubota may have added an additional bracket later to stop this.. I stopped the extreme vibration with a bungy cord holding the air filter housing more securely to the upper side frame.

2)Significant and ultimately possibly damaging radiator vibration. For some reason, there is no bracket on the upper right hand side securing the radiator to the frame.. Found by investigation of yet another strange rattle coming from underhood.... found top of radiator vibrating back and forth. To secure this, yet provide some vibration isolation, I added a piece of rubber and used silicone sealer to secure the upper right side of the radiator to adjacent frame metal.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Leaning over ever so slightly on the seat causes the safety switch to shut off tractor.

I understand the importance of it but still is a pain.

My real job I work in EH&S so safety is #1!

Reactions: 1 user

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
Got my new 3901HST last night and learned a bit. All the tractors I've had before had manual transmissions. Stomped the clutch a couple times. Doooo! Reached for the shifter when I went to back up Dooo! I love this tractor but unlearning years of habits is gonna drive me crazy. That old B7100 with a manual trans and an old Buhler 95 loader is Soooo... Slow. I have to learn the LA525 is so much faster acting wow what a difference. So far ME is the only thing that makes ME swear...

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
Leaning over ever so slightly on the seat causes the safety switch to shut off tractor.

X2

Last week I taped a 1/4" thick piece of rubber unser the seat where the switch contacts but that was too much and it wouldn't shut off even when I stood up. I replaced it with a piece about 1/8" thick to see if that works. My goal is to be able to lean a little to the right to see the loader or an obstical without it shutting off but still work if I lean too far or leave the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
The rough ride is killing this old back! recently sold my bx2660 to buy b2601 thinking it would be a smoother ride, wrong! Love the b except for thr ride

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
The rough ride is killing this old back! recently sold my bx2660 to buy b2601 thinking it would be a smoother ride, wrong! Love the b except for thr ride
Not sure if you have tried,but I run the rear tires 4lbs under the max pressure on my turfs to soften up the ride and it really helped. The fronts I leave at max pressure for doing loader work.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
good thread...

1. that the FEL is not LEVEL .... (well documented here by many of us)

2. blasted safety switch when you are going down a steep hill.

LOVE MY TRACTOR!!

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
Hearing from my K dealer that my FEL is in BUT the L3560 tractor won't be here till next week! D%*#!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk