We've been splitting fire wood the wrong way for years

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
my uncle always used a double bit axe and he swung it so it struck at about a 30deg. angle, weight of the second bit did the exact same thing. it was fast but hell on your wrists.
My brother N law splits that way and is very efficient at it!

Also had a friend who split that way to. Made it on Ripply's Believe it or not for his splitting abilities. He had a huge firewood business. This is where I first saw a Super Split, he wouldn't use a hydro splitter if it was free. :) Goggle 'Tom Clark firewood splitting'

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I remember seeing the 'cone' wheel splitter that bolted to the car wheel when I was 12 yrs old at Sandwich Fair in NH , the guy was selling them and splitting wood. Then all of a sudden he had a stick that had twisted grain , it sucked it into wheel well and beat the crap out of the car before he could shut the car off...A great demonstration seeing all the old folks (my age now) bent right over laughing uncontrollable.....

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
I remember seeing the 'cone' wheel splitter that bolted to the car wheel when I was 12 yrs old at Sandwich Fair in NH , the guy was selling them and splitting wood. Then all of a sudden he had a stick that had twisted grain , it sucked it into wheel well and beat the crap out of the car before he could shut the car off...A great demonstration seeing all the old folks (my age now) bent right over laughing uncontrollable.....
Here it is, http://jalopnik.com/5381561/beholdthe-redneck-log-splitter

Life insurance a must.