Went to look at RTV-XG850

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
From 1st look the thing looks pretty good but I want to take a look/ride on the Honda Pioneer 700. Honda is a little cheaper (online prices) and seems to match or pass the Kubota in some ways. I think the Honda doesn't have the belt drive which may be a plus. We had a Kawi Mule a few years back and for the most part it was okay. I don't if they made much changes with the mule or not since 2010 may take a look at one. But the Kubota insurance seems hard to beat for great coverage.

Last edited:

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
I just picked-up an 2019 Can-am Defender HD10 XT cab, I traded in a2017 Cam-am Commander 1000 for it. I just love every thing about this machine. I did keep the track system to swap onto this one from the Commander.

So far belts have never been an issue for me, even while plowing snow and running the track system all winter.

I did look at Kubota UTV awhile back, nice units for sure and their going at the Big 4 of UTV's, what held me back was lack of EZ add-on's, like tracks, plows and custom factory things.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
..... We had a Kawi Mule a few years back and for the most part it was okay. I don't if they made much changes with the mule or not since 2010 may take a look at one.....
Some completely new Mules have come out out in the last 3 years. I had a 2007 Mule that while was well built and a good worker was so SLOW and rode like it had no suspension at all. After a few years with it I sold it and bought a Polaris Ranger 500 EFI and while it was plenty fast for me (over 40 mph) and the suspension was awesome, the build quality wasn't. (Mine was manufactured in Mexico).

Earlier this year I saw Kawasaki's all new Mule Pro MX and was impressed enough to buy the thing, and I love it. Its independent A-arm suspension is even better than Polaris' and it's probably even faster. It has diamond plate steel bed floor, power steering, quad headlights (2 are LED) and all have high and low beam, no slipping CVT belt as it's always engaged and sealed because it utilizes a wet clutch so it engages VERY smoothly. Just looking underneath at the suspension, drive shaft and large U-joints you can tell it's well built. Also the counterbalanced single cylinder 700cc EFI engine is easy to service. It's about 60" wide so plenty of room for two adults plus a child in the middle.
Then there's the Mule Pro FX and FXR which are even larger and wider, but no faster.

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
I bought the Kubota, wife likes it more than me. Seems to be well built, I was amazed by the smooth ride.