Went over to the red side.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I'm way behind the times. I'm still using my original 9.6v Makita stuff.
(2) drills
RT angle drill
3 3/8 trim saw
Recip saw
Flashlight
(3) chargers
(4) batteries
Bought the first drill in about 1985, & I have replaced the switch in one & the clutch in the other.
I bought the first drill & the trim saw, the rest were gifted to me when my original neighbor in the high country sold out.
I think this may be the third set of four batteries.

I also inherited another drill & an impact drill from my FIL, but they were just beaten to death, so they were cannibalized for their few usable parts.

I also have a 10 1/2 Makita corded miter saw.
listing_pic_1763959_1587656394.jpeg

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I also have a Hart (cheapie) 20v leaf blower & weed eater that we take to clean up around the headstones
when we visit the cemetery.

Hart20v.jpg

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I'm way behind the times. I'm still using my original 9.6v Makita stuff.
(2) drills
RT angle drill
3 3/8 trim saw
Recip saw
Flashlight
(3) chargers
(4) batteries
Bought the first drill in about 1985, & I have replaced the switch in one & the clutch in the other.
I bought the first drill & the trim saw, the rest were gifted to me when my original neighbor in the high country sold out.
I think this may be the third set of four batteries.

I also inherited another drill & an impact drill from my FIL, but they were just beaten to death, so they were cannibalized for their few usable parts.

I also have a 10 1/2 Makita corded miter saw.
View attachment 93714
I have one of those Makita 9.6v drills and flashlight/charger kit. But my batteries are kaput. If you have working batteries for these tools, you can have the set for the cost of shipping. I couldn’t find those batteries anywhere and bought newer tools.

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I couldn’t find those batteries anywhere and bought newer tools.
I found them on eboy; Lowes used to carry them, not sure if they still do, but eboy was WAY cheaper.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I've got a number of their cordless tools- drill, impact driver, impact wrench (one in the truck and one in the garage), impact ratchets, Sawzall..... used for many years in racing. No complaints. The m18 impact takes off the lug nuts on the trailer and truck (165 lb-ft) easily.
Thinking about that grease gun.....
The grease gun is worth it IMO…maybe not the price, not cheap, but from user standpoint and function they work as advertised…IMO it’s nice that it has foot pads and can sit up (versus round manual pump rolling over) which allows pretty easy one hand op control if don’t have an extra set of hands to help…anyway I think it’s helpful, but the price hurts for sure.
I will say though I was already on the Milwaukee platform with a number of other cordless (and corded tools). I think it’s best to pick a platform and stick with it and use the batteries regularly. Takes some of the sting out of the next tool if no need charger and battery…still hurts though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
I agree that the grease gun is worth it. Greasing is one of my least favorite things to do, necessary evil but I hate it. I added the lock and lube, makes the task way faster and easier.
I have a drill/ hammer drill combo, had it for 15 years or so, getting pretty tired but they’ve been through a lot.
Picked up their little battery powered fan for use in my enclosed trailer, so far it’s been a good buy as well.

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Had a Milwaukee M18 kit for several (6-8?) years.
  • Drill/hammer drill
  • 1/4" impact
  • Sawzall
  • 4 1/2" angle grinder
  • Circular saw - don't recall blade size (6 1/2"?)
  • Light
  • Added Grease Gun a couple years ago
Don't work them 40 hours a week like others, but so far they've been flawless.

Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Another committed to Dewalt 20v Max system. I have the proverbial crapload of their tools now and have been very pleased.
Early on I fell for the a couple of knock off batteries on Amazon. Bad move. There is a reason the knock off 6 amp battery weighs less than the 4 amp real Dewalt.
I have to say the 3/8 drill has taken more abuse than I ever thought it could.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I agree that the grease gun is worth it. Greasing is one of my least favorite things to do, necessary evil but I hate it. I added the lock and lube, makes the task way faster and easier.
I have a drill/ hammer drill combo, had it for 15 years or so, getting pretty tired but they’ve been through a lot.
Picked up their little battery powered fan for use in my enclosed trailer, so far it’s been a good buy as well.
Yessir! The fan! I use it to keep cool when suited up waiting for the call to grid.

Reactions: 1 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Like all other contractors on top of their game, I use Makita stuff.

Saw this on the internet:
What your tool brand says about you:
DEWALT: Youre a good ole boy that drinks on the job.
MILWAUKEE: Youre in a cult and youre ok with it.
MAKITA: Youre a master of your craft.
RIOBI: You moan when you wipe your a$$.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
By the way, I see no problem with your friend selling you something he won for $100 which would cost you $300 or more. You didn't win it so you both made out. That's called symbiosis. And maybe he needed the money and you were happy to pay him.
I sure wouldn't expect him to give me the grease gun as a matter of fact I tried to give him another fifty for it. So far I have run two cases of corn head picker grease threw it and like it a lot. The push button bleed is nice when you load a new tube. Its also nice to be able to lock the trigger on to keep it pumping. That's great for filling up gear boxes. So far so good for the new red tool.

Last edited by a moderator:

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Like all other contractors on top of their game, I use Makita stuff.

Saw this on the internet:
What your tool brand says about you:
DEWALT: Youre a good ole boy that drinks on the job.
MILWAUKEE: Youre in a cult and youre ok with it.
MAKITA: Youre a master of your craft.
RIOBI: You moan when you wipe your a$$.
Must be true to if that’s where you found it 😉. It did make me laugh for sure. It may not be that far off either.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Must be true to if that’s where you found it 😉. It did make me laugh for sure. It may not be that far off either.
I know for sure about Dewalt in my region. The Dewalt guys drive RAMS 99% of the time too..lol

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Heh heh heh heh. So he says now......

;)
I'm invested in DeWalt tools and batteries but not in Milwaukee batteries, so I'm reasonably sure that when I need another cordless tool I'll be looking at yellow. But you're right, who really knows. :ROFLMAO:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
You sure dressed up that asbestos. That's been there a while!
Yes, it was a hunting lodge built in 1950. (Astute of you to know/notice.)
The asbestos-cement shingle-siding was popular back then. It was good for permanence and fire-blocking…but I was advised it should not be drilled or disturbed due to the possibility of dust. removing it was hazardous…much safer/simpler to leave it and cover it.
We covered the front/back of the house with limestone facade, but as I said, this was a corporate hunting lodge when built waay-out in the netherlands and has long and complicated end walls and guest-quarters. So putting R-panel over it (matches the hangar I built years ago) was the best answer I could do myself. (Replaced old windows also. Cleaned up after I finished.)

This job done with corded tools would have been awful.

Attachments

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Talking of DeWalt, I bought a DeWalt Jobsite Bluetooth Speaker last year. I'm invested in DeWalt batteries of various sizes so it was a no-brainer. I really like it and use it a lot. I've used it to charge my cell phone at times.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I found them on eboy; Lowes used to carry them, not sure if they still do, but eboy was WAY cheaper.
I looked everywhere but couldn’t find them. Didn’t check eBay. At this point I have several 20v DeWalt tools, so I’m going to stick with them and give away the Makita tools.