Well that was fun...

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
NOT!

Was working a land clearing job, with the ASV RC 30, and bush hog, grapple and dirt bucket, tuesday, an hour and a half into an 8 hour job, and the left hyd track motor lost power.
Think a seal gave out internal, no leaks, thank god. Left the thing alone for wed's 2" of rain, went back this AM, with the Struck MH 5000 crawler, to retrieve the ASV. Hadda accident, (not me!) on richie hwy, that cost me a half hour of time. Backing into driveway I rubbed a neighbor's mailbox, a little, as I was backing the enclosed trailer up the hill driveway, to get as close as I could to the ASV. No damage, there, either, cept to my pride...

Got the lil dozer off the trailer, and it did a surprisingly good job at pushing and pulling the ASV paperweight on the trailer, to spite the fact that it's about a thousand pounds lighter... Left it at the sopping wet jobsite.

Another hour driving to the dealer, and then another hour, driving home. Forgot to mention I kept smellin Kroil, the whole 2 hours of drivin. That shtuff has a real distincktive odor, my eyes was waterin the whole 2 hr drive, Finally found a wet spot by my left pants pocket. The can I keep in the loader musta whizzed all over my leg, during the loading operation... anyway job will dry out sooner or later, I suppose...:rolleyes:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I love them days when you have a gremlin following you around and screwing with every thing you touch :rolleyes: Usually starts with me shutting my alarm off without realizing it :eek: I need to learn that on those days, I should just call in to work, and go back to bed :rolleyes::D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Those days for me usually start with a headache. Then drop something on foot, dump hot coffee everywhere.

I have a headache. Try diagnosing a bad fuse that looks perfect. Contact til load comes on. Atc type fuse, drove me nuts.

Then other one, owner says he jumped starter, and no crank. Fight to push it in shop and 30 seconds i had it running. Grrreat!
Another day of waiting for part, ignition switch is bad, not starter. I hate working on horribly neglected cars. One of the worst ones i have seen.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Kroil sure has a distinctive smell. And now you do too. Its all part of the Kroil marketing plan. :)

Have you ever noticed that 50% of the time, the smaller Kroil cans will start leaking about a year after you buy them? Do they make them that way on purpose? :D

Ray

Diydave

Equipment
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Oncest the propellant leaks out, I poke a hole next to the valve, and just dribble it on to the rusty stuff. Of course, you also get that fingertip amount of mechanics cologne, to rub behind your ears...:D:D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Dave -

Couple weeks ago, brought home ton #5 of pellets, as I've done 80 times over the years.....

Got to a busy 50mph intersection (well, as busy as our intersections are here), and traffic light goes yellow.....

Go/stop/go??

I decided to stop. The pallet in the back didn't. Did a number on the front rail of my pickup box.

Was able to pull it out pretty good with racket straps, but GEEZ!!

Within an hour, also broke our vacuum cleaner for the house. GEEZ!!!

My son reminded me things happen in 3's.

Thankfully, #3 didn't happen. Yet..............

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
RCW, i have done similar to the truck box. Lawn tractor.
My buddy had an atv in his chevy. Another truck got stuck.i was going back to pull it. Nope, use truck with quad. Hit end of strap and slammed quad into box rail. Suprised window didnt break.

Spring time, was like an all day stuck-athon with a little wood cutting.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
My wife thinks the smell of Kroil is the best smelling cologne I have! She walks in the shop, and if I'm using it make a comment right off.

Diydave

Equipment
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Got back out to the job site, today, started pushing brush with the struck dozer. Amazing the amount of brush it can drag along, as it pushes. Had 2 big piles pushed up in 3 hours of work. Not quite as efficient as the ASV, but still impressive. Had to re-learn that them steel tracks grab branches and vines, and will slap you hard, as it spits them out from under the fenders...:D:D