Weld on Lifting Hooks (4 in 1 bucket)

SimonR

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 27, 2020
Australia
Hi All,

I know this has been covered a bit, but I purchased some weld on hooks to put on my 4 in 1 bucket on my BX23S.

Does anyone have any pictures of where they've mounted their 4 in 1, I want to make sure I'm not crushing any hydraulics? I'd love to just buy the bolt on kit but I live in Australia and it'll take forever to get here!

Cheers

Simon

Reactions: 1 user

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I got a pair of hooks from boltonhooks.com. I know, you're welding. Their advice, as Cathy mentioned was in line with the loader actuators. That way the actuator is pulling directly on the hook. Other than that, of course you want to keep hydraulic lines in mind.

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
Hi All,

Does anyone have any pictures of where they've mounted their 4 in 1, I want to make sure I'm not crushing any hydraulics? I'd love to just buy the bolt on kit but I live in Australia and it'll take forever to get here!
Here is the hooks on my bx23s-au
Im assuming you also have a 4in1 bucket as you are in OZ as well

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
OK, I'm cuious... seems the 4n1 is standard 'down under'.....how do you control the bucket ? true 3rd function or 2 + pushbutton ??

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
The bucket comes with the diverter kit.
You have 2 push buttons.
The first is near the base of the loader joystick. This is an enable/disable button
The second is on the joystick (side of the knob). This is easily operate by your thumb. With the button pressed the joystick curl becomes the bucket clam.
The only function that takes a bit to master is using the clam to pickup the remnants of a dirt pile. It goes like this, open the bucket and using the top section (grading function) to fill the bucket, close the clam. While closing the clam you also need to curl the bucket. So the trick is pulsing the button to switch between clam and curl in one smooth operation. Takes a bit or practice but easy to do