Weird buying/advice question

Steve92

Equipment
Mx5200
Jun 15, 2021
Kansas
Checked it out Saturday. Took some video as well. My local mechanic (and my wife) can hear a ticking noise. My buddy and I can't but neither of us have great hearing (ask my wife!). Mechanic thought it could be either an exhaust leak, pushrod or an injector. Worst case about a $3,000 repair. I was doing some research on the tractor. According to Kubota it entered service in 2018. Not sure how transferable the warranty is, but it could be under limited powertrain warranty depending on initial use. I'll have to check it out. In any event, I'm going to give the auction guy the benefit of the doubt that he was being honest, but I'm going to go ahead and pick up the machine next Monday.

Its still a decent deal I think, even at $15,800 after repairs.

Reactions: 1 user

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
Awesome! You'll have to throw up some pictures when you get it home.
Checked it out Saturday. Took some video as well. My local mechanic (and my wife) can hear a ticking noise. My buddy and I can't but neither of us have great hearing (ask my wife!). Mechanic thought it could be either an exhaust leak, pushrod or an injector. Worst case about a $3,000 repair. I was doing some research on the tractor. According to Kubota it entered service in 2018. Not sure how transferable the warranty is, but it could be under limited powertrain warranty depending on initial use. I'll have to check it out. In any event, I'm going to give the auction guy the benefit of the doubt that he was being honest, but I'm going to go ahead and pick up the machine next Monday.

Its still a decent deal I think, even at $15,800 after repairs.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Got it home Friday afternoon.
That sounds like one heck of a deal. Are you going to use it as is or tear into it to figure out what's causing the ticking sound?

Steve92

Equipment
Mx5200
Jun 15, 2021
Kansas
That sounds like one heck of a deal. Are you going to use it as is or tear into it to figure out what's causing the ticking sound?
Dropped it off with my mechanic before even bringing it home. He believes its an injector issue. Hopefully an easy fix.

Reactions: 1 users