Weighting wheels how I did it........

grandv8

Equipment
b7100d
May 15, 2010
Utah
Ok I just added my wheel weight tonight. I am not sure how everybody does it here so I thought I would share my experience with everybody to help out.

I used an air tank the storage tanks with air hose, mine is a 7 gallon here is a link to show you what it is;

This type of tank has a shutoff valve, you fill the tank hook it on and turn on the valve it runs the air out of the tank with the valve opened, this is an important feature ill fill you in about later.

I went with 7 gallons of -25 below windshield washer fluid and 1/2 gallon of antifreeze per tire. I figure this should cover me on our -35 below low.
I had just mounted the tires on the tractor so I left it jacked up, this allows you to be able to rotate the tires as needed. I removed the valve stem and set it aside from both tires letting them fully deflate but keeping the bead intact.
I then take the tank and remove the entire valve hose inlet assembly then take a funnel and pour roughly half tank capacity into the tank of your fluid. I added 3.5 gallons I found adding more used up air pressure to fast in the tank. Next step put the air hose assembly back on the tank and pressure the tank up to around 80 psi.

Then go and put your valve stem to the bottom or bottom third of the tire, I left the valve out, but if you need it in to make the tank work it will be fine just slower. Remember I said a tank that blows air out with the valve on not needing to depress a stem is a bonus this is why. I flip the tank over and hold it so the air hose outlet is the lowest point at the bottom, this will allow all the liquid to enter the tire first then the air last, you be able to hear the difference. Once the liquid stops coming out rotate the valve to the 12 oclock position on the tire and remove the tank.
This will let the built up air out of the tire (around 5psi), let the tank drain off then also. Repeat until the desired amount is transferred to the tires then reinstall the valve stem and re-inflate the tires. and your done.

It took me 45 minutes to do both tires start to finish......I hope this helps somebody.

Last edited:

grandv8

Equipment
b7100d
May 15, 2010
Utah
lol I did it alone no pics
, but I could probably take some of how I did it (reenacting it)