Weak Hydraulics

Jhowell85

Equipment
B1750D
Oct 9, 2020
Georgia
New to the forum and new to owning a tractor. Purchased a used B1750 with a loader a few weeks back. The loader and PTO works but is very weak. Had a buddy that’s worked on tractors and actually owns 3 Kubota tractors and A Kubota zero turn mower. He recommended that we change the hydraulic pump so ordered and installed a new one. The pump was only producing around 700 psi at 2000 RPM with the old pump and the new one is doing the same. We blocked the line going to the power steering from the hydra block and the loader and PTO works perfect. At 2000RPM it had 2200PSI. So we downed the steering and inspected and can’t see anything worn or damaged. We cleaned and re-installed and it still doesn’t work. Does anyone have any suggestions for us to look at next? Any help would be appreciated.
I have attached a pic of the hydraulic block I’m speaking of.

Thank you
93401636-5CD1-4651-8FF0-3E9EAEF382B2.jpeg

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Clearly the advice you got to replace the hydraulic pump was wrong. How much did that cost?

You need to fully understand a hydraulic system before jumping in, making changes and dismantling parts as you end up adding to the problems rather than fixing them.

The last paragraph on the page you posted is critical to understanding the proper operation of the hydraulic system.

You need to understand what is meant by a flow divider and a priority flow divider.

I suggest you start by making a simple diagram showing where each loader hose connects to this block. Where each power steering hose also connects.

How many lines are on the loader valve. 6 or 7?

Do you understand Power Beyond?

Knowing how to properly connect the loader valve to the hydraulic block is a big factor and one that is often done wrong.

Dave

Jhowell85

Equipment
B1750D
Oct 9, 2020
Georgia
Clearly the advice you got to replace the hydraulic pump was wrong. How much did that cost?

You need to fully understand a hydraulic system before jumping in, making changes and dismantling parts as you end up adding to the problems rather than fixing them.

The last paragraph on the page you posted is critical to understanding the proper operation of the hydraulic system.

You need to understand what is meant by a flow divider and a priority flow divider.

I suggest you start by making a simple diagram showing where each loader hose connects to this block. Where each power steering hose also connects.

How many lines are on the loader valve. 6 or 7?

Do you understand Power Beyond?

Knowing how to properly connect the loader valve to the hydraulic block is a big factor and one that is often done wrong.

Dave
Thank you for your reply.