Weak backhoe hydraulic cylinder

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
I have a BH76A on a L 2800...they have about 200 hours. I used the backhoe all day Saturday and it worked fine. Then Sunday morning went to finish the trench I started and the main dipper stick hydraulic cylinder works...but extremely weak. It works contracting at regular speed but no power. It goes out extremely slow...even with engine at speed...and has basically no power.

All the other backhoe hydraulics work fine...and the tractor and FEL works perfect...just the one ram doesn't have any power (torque). It goes in and out but basically seems very slow and weak.

I checked for leaks...none. Checked hydraulic fluid level...full. Checked everything I can think of...need advice.

The only thing I can guess is the spool valves are blocked or something like that. Any help and or suggestions is appreciated.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
It could be the piston seal is torn and the fluid is bypassing. Do you have a IR temperature gun? If so try using the hoe for a while and see if temp on the cylinder is higher than everything else. The bypassing fluid will create a lot of heat.