Wax/No wax

timoth

Premium Member
May 4, 2021
Woodinville, Washington
I finally take delivery of a brand new BX 2680 (only took 9 weeks to get here)

My question for those that wax theirs ... what wax are you using? I feel like I want do a good waxing on it before it starts working to help keep it looking good and protecting it for a while

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I wax my tractor once a year and it is with whatever wax I have in the garage. I don't get anything special, I just use what i have laying around.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
I use Liquid Glass on all my stuff from the Kubota to my truck and even the lawn mower. It will bead water for 4 to 6 months. It is a little pricey but I've used it for 20+ years and it has stood the test of time.

My local Auto zone carries it.

Liquid Glass.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I finally take delivery of a brand new BX 2680 (only took 9 weeks to get here)

My question for those that wax theirs ... what wax are you using? I feel like I want do a good waxing on it before it starts working to help keep it looking good and protecting it for a while
I use Nu Finish on everything.

SDT

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I use Nu Finish on everything.

SDT
I use No Finish on mine. Years ago I used Nu Finish on things. It was a good product.

No Finish is easier to apply, since you don’t apply it.

But I would recommend using Nu Finish, or actually Any Finish, although my tractors still work well after 16 & 18 years of applying No Finish...LOL...but true...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Jared 756

Equipment
MX5400, L3901 and B2601
Jun 9, 2021
Washington st
A local guy in my area has a Kubota 121 excavator, probably one of the nicest old 121's you will find and he said he wipes it down with hydraulic oil to keep the paint and plastics hydrated and from fading. Said the dust sticks to it super easy obviously but just rinse it off and good as new again.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
You might want to try Griot's 3 in 1 Spray On Ceramic Wax. Forget all of the Ceramic hype, the Griot's Spray On Ceramic wax is a spray on and wipe off product. It lasts 6+ months, and you can use it on plastics and vinyl (no white residue). At least watch the demo video at Griot's Garage's website. Just wash your tractor and apply.

I use just it on my Kubota, and I use it as a topper (applied over synthetic wax) on my vehicles and boat.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
My tractor gets washed when it rains, If it is raining wax then it gets waxed.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I used Nu Finish for years with good success. Now that the ceramic products arrived I bought the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions ceramic product for the new tractor because of good reviews and testing.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I looked at too many used tractors that were weathered and abused by the owners. While you can make a joke out of abusing possesions, others don't want to pay much them. If protecting your net worth doesn't matter, then have at it.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I use No Finish on mine. Years ago I used Nu Finish on things. It was a good product.

No Finish is easier to apply, since you don’t apply it.

But I would recommend using Nu Finish, or actually Any Finish, although my tractors still work well after 16 & 18 years of applying No Finish...LOL...but true...
No Finish, LOL!

Yes, it would be easier to apply.

I have spent thousands of hours polishing/waxing many cars and have used just about everything in decades past. I find Nu Finish easy to apply and durable. It will bead water on my car after 12+ months (I do not take my vehicles to automatic car washes.). Have not tried anything else in 25 years or so, so do not know if there are more modern products that are better and/or easier.

Back in my muscle car days, I waxed my 1964 Impala SS every Friday for a year using whatever was available. Then I had it repainted because most of the products that I used were cleaner/waxes that cut the paint and there was little paint left on edges, corners, etc.

If anyone has first hand knowledge of products that are better/easier than Nu Finish, I would certainly like to know. Waxing a car, even a small car becomes harder every year.

SDT

ZTMAN

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2018
South Central Pa
Easiest wax IMO are the newer ceramic hybrid coatings. Spray on, wipe with a micro fiber cloth. Takes about twenty minuets to do my full size truck.

Lasts about six months.

Used to use paste wax in the past, including NU Finish. Generally a two to three hour job. Give the ceramic hybrids a try

Reactions: 1 users

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
For those that are meticulous about keeping your tractors nice and shiny, I admire you. I just don't have the enthusiasm for doing those type things like I used to. The older I get, the less so. However, I do keep my stuff maintained. Perhaps the biggest "protector" of a tractor or anything for that matter would be keeping it out of the weather, and I do store mine in a barn.

However, I have not washed my tractor since I had it, and it is somewhat dirty from dust/pollen accumulation. I may wash it just before I need to grease it again. Waxing it....not so sure about that, but you never know. 😁

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
I waxed a new tractor once, a JD 750 I had years ago. It was a good unit.
I don’t bother now, but I do hose them down periodically and spray cleaner on and brush off the really dirty areas. It’s important to keep equipment clean IMO.
my motorsickles get all the waxing these days.