Watch out for those roots and small stumps with the loader.

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
Had my first "OOPS" yesterday , luckily it didn't put me out of business and I was able to finish clearing some. Had a root roll up under the bucket and before I could stop it caught the one of the loader tubes and bent it back. Glad it was only 1 of them, but I'll bet it's the most expensive one of the 4 .

That will be a $60-$70 lesson learned and hopefully I won't do it again

Attachments

Last edited:

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Same culprit, different damage- my dad was moving snow with his tractor, and snagged a root with the scraper blade. He nearly tore the frame apart, which I will rebuild this Spring. Strong root, heavy/strong tractor, marginal blade. Something's gonna give.

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
I would replace it with a hose myself.
Yea, if it wasn't brand new, I'd probably cut the tube off, flare it and add a new piece of tube with a couple fittings but being the first I'll probably order a whole new tube.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Just now took a look at my BX. Interesting that the bracket for use when no mounted Nickey covers all that metal tubing.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Had my first "OOPS" yesterday , luckily it didn't put me out of business and I was able to finish clearing some. Had a root roll up under the bucket and before I could stop it caught the one of the loader tubes and bent it back. Glad it was only 1 of them, but I'll bet it's the most expensive one of the 4 .

That will be a $60-$70 lesson learned and hopefully I won't do it again
Hate those "AHH CRAP " moments, we all have them

OkieDavid

Equipment
L 3010
Aug 29, 2012
Valliant, OK
Oops! Similar issue for the HST folks... My father and I have both experienced this at different times. L3010- piece of brush gets pushed up and bends the foot pedal linkage under the tractor. Foot feed gets jammed into the forward or reverse position and there is NO stopping. In my case it was in full reverse. Hit the kill switch and shut it down to see what the heck was going on.

Luckily it is an easily removed adjuster that took some gentle "persuading" to get back in good enough shape to get it back to the house. Once back, it took a couple of minutes to adjust it back to where you had true neutral and no creep.

To look at the thing it looks like it would be near impossible for it to happen but since it has happened twice now to two different operators I suppose the next time it happens I am going to fabricate a piece of plate to protect that linkage.

Glad you caught yours before something worse happened.