Warranty repair at dealer where you did not purchase the tractor.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
It sounds like the Kubota dealer you’re dealing with, for whatever reason or no reason, doesn’t want your business. As a general principle, I have found dealing with dealers, contractors, or anyone else who doesn’t want my business it’s a good long term decision to comply with their wishes and find someone who has an interest in dealing with me. Working with someone who is working with me only begrudgingly has never worked well in the long run.

While I could provide numerous examples, that’s one reason I didn’t seriously consider John Deere when I was tractor shopping. The only local Deere dealer made it quite clear selling a CUT to an individual who was unlikely to buy a fleet of them at some point was something they would do if I insisted but they didn’t care to spend even 30 minutes speaking to me. I don’t know why that was. Don’t really care. That’s their prerogative to blow me off and mine to return the sentiment.

Even if it meant going with my second choice in a different brand, there’s no way I would work with a dealer I had to get corporate to force to treat me right.

Bodaway

Apr 10, 2021
Midwest
Great conversation and again I appreciate all the input.

Since I have not heard back from the sales person that I was working with for about two weeks now I can assume he's not interested in selling me a tractor. The last email exchange was me asking for pricing on implements to add to the deal, no response to date.

I am however going to go to their store that is closer to me and check out the service department there as suggested and see if I get the same answer about the document fee from them. They have three branches all owned by the same person so it will be interesting to see if they all say the same thing.

I will also try to talk to a different sales person or sales manager to see if they are willing to talk. If not I guess I am off to a different mfg.

thanks again for the input

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
I'm going to guess just about all these dealers have so much business that anyone that wants to haggle of prices they are just not going to bother with.

Bodaway

Apr 10, 2021
Midwest
I'm going to guess just about all these dealers have so much business that anyone that wants to haggle of prices they are just not going to bother with.
No kidding and low inventory.

I'm not above haggling, but in this case I hadn't even gotten there yet, I just asked for pricing.

But I get your point.

Chesapeake

Equipment
B6100
Apr 1, 2021
Washington
Seems to me fairly common practice for Corporate to require all dealers to service vehicles/equipment. And then for dealers to provide preferential treatment to their customers. I see it in tire shops, saw shops, car dealers, equipment dealers, ect..... If you have another dealers sticker on your stuff you get frowned upon.

Can your local dealer not sell you the tractor you want at an agreeable price?
With today’s top brand equipment your buying a dealer and service department. Green or orange the tractor will do the job.