Want a reversible seat for L3800, please help.

Long Gone

Equipment
M5-091, L2501, BX2660, RTV1140, L3800DT, BH77, B3200 & 72"MMM, RTVX900, etc...
Mar 6, 2015
Little Rock, Arkansas
Gentlemen,
I recently added a BH77 to my L3800DT.
I love the backhoe... I've been kicking myself for waiting this long to make the purchase, but that's a whole other thread I guess.
The issue: I'm a big man, and the cute little seat that comes standard on the BH77 is not real comfortable for me. I had sat on the reversible seat on a TLB at the dealer and had lots more room, and even on a B or BX (can't remember which one) on the showroom floor with the BH77 and the reversible seat on the small tractor was ok. The BH77 manual makes reference to the grand L having a reversible seat... which brings me to my question. Do any of you guys know if I can put the reversible seat (or better yet just swap the base and bracket) from the grand L or a B or a TLB.... so that I can change the operator's seat from front-facing to rear-facing when moving from the steering wheel to the backhoe?? Any help, pics, advice, anything at all is appreciated. I love the backhoe and have already put many hours on it, and been extremely impressed with how strong and efficient it is. I really have to figure out a way to get perched on top of it without my knees folded up and my stomach sitting on the controls. If I can't fix this seat issue I guess I'm going to have to bend the control levers out away from me and put on side stirrups for me feet.
I look forward to some good info- thanks in advance.

Work safe, have fun,
LongGone

Wayne64SS

Equipment
'13 MX5100HST, '82 B7100HST
May 27, 2015
Duanesburg NY
I can't help you here but I'd love to do the same thing to my MX5100 and BH92. The 92s have even less room if you can imagine that.