VPN help please

Black1Star

Apr 29, 2020
United States
Looking for a free VPN that would give the appearance of being in Thailand. I do not know much about VPN's so please nothing too technical.
The reason i am looking into this is because when booking Hotels through certain websites (Agoda for one) you get cheaper rates if you are booking from within Thailand than you would do booking normally through the UK Agoda site.
I have tried the Opera browser using the free VPN set to Asia and this does work. It brings up deals that cant otherwise be seen.
Is there a free VPN available (i would not need much speed or data usage) that i could specify Thailand as my location?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
VPNs a re a GREAT way to eliminate spam and hackers from your computers. A VPN an make you look like somewhere else in the world,usually a choice of 5-10 areas.
it'd probably allow me to order from Amazon.......which I can't at the moment.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Free is what you get, limited bandwidth and limited locations. I use Nord which is a pay VPN. Sometimes you have to pay to play and get the access you require. I recommend Nord.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Free is what you get, limited bandwidth and limited locations. I use Nord which is a pay VPN. Sometimes you have to pay to play and get the access you require. I recommend Nord.
I'm not sure how concerned you are with your data but Nord would be one of the worst to chose if you did care.

Nord is owned by a Lithuanian data mining company.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I'm not sure how concerned you are with your data but Nord would be one of the worst to chose if you did care.

Nord is owned by a Lithuanian data mining company.
At my age, 'bliss' is a good night's sleep.:D

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I use PIA VPN. Not just for travel over seas but travel in the US as well. Not free but it works great around the globe. In certain areas (India) I turned off all data and only had my work cell on for calls. I kept cell and wifi off on my personal cell and waited till I was in our office the next day to upload pictures, answer emails or texts from home. If I’m at a convention, VPN all day and avoid those free hotspots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk