Virnig Grapple

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Anyone else using a Virnig V30 series grapple on their B or L series Kubota and if so how do you like it?

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 9.45.29 AM.png

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
No but I own their pallet forks and can vouch that they are heavy duty quality construction.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I have one of the V-Plows we use it on a skid steer and it's awesome and built like a tank but am curious if anyone on here was running one of their compact tractor grapples.
I'm thinking about getting one since my dealer has them in stock.

No but I own their pallet forks and can vouch that they are heavy duty quality construction.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
I bought one like that last fall as i got tired of waiting on a land pride that was back ordered for the third time for another 6 months. I like that it has teeth with serrations vs the lp model that are smooth. The down side for me is just after buying it I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand so not much use yet. To add to my setback I had the left hand done today, I figure to use it mostly for my own firewood cutting and some cleanup around my property in the woods etc. I think it looks stronger on the bottom than the lp i was going to get. Got it at messicks and shipping at about $160 to ny was cheaper than i could drive down in my own truck for fuel alone.

bill

Reactions: 1 user

OldcrowP51

Equipment
Kubota L3901HST, RCR1860 rotary cutter
Aug 18, 2021
Minnesota
tempImage7z2Brr.jpg
tempImage7z2Brr.jpg
I have a 60" on my L3901.
Snow is kind of deep so haven't been able to use it yet. We are still in snowmobile/ice fishing mode. Come this spring it'll get some use.
I think it's gonna be good. Seems well built with gussets in the right places

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I bought one like that last fall as i got tired of waiting on a land pride that was back ordered for the third time for another 6 months. I like that it has teeth with serrations vs the lp model that are smooth. The down side for me is just after buying it I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand so not much use yet. To add to my setback I had the left hand done today, I figure to use it mostly for my own firewood cutting and some cleanup around my property in the woods etc. I think it looks stronger on the bottom than the lp i was going to get. Got it at messicks and shipping at about $160 to ny was cheaper than i could drive down in my own truck for fuel alone.

bill
That good to hear thanks

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
View attachment 74627 View attachment 74627
I have a 60" on my L3901.
Snow is kind of deep so haven't been able to use it yet. We are still own snowmobile/ice fishing mode. Come this spring it's get some use.
I think it's gonna be good. Seems well built with gussets in the right places
Yeah they do look nice for sure thanks for the info.

Kmitch12

Equipment
Kubota LX2610
Aug 26, 2021
Hockey12
I have the 55" on my LX2610 and it's done everything I could ask of it thus far. I do wish that I went with the 60", but at the time Messicks only had the 55" in-stock and I needed something relatively quickly for some work around the property. The build quality is good and I think it will last provided that it isn't beat on too much.

Attachments

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I have the 55" on my LX2610 and it's done everything I could ask of it thus far. I do wish that I went with the 60", but at the time Messicks only had the 55" in-stock and I needed something relatively quickly for some work around the property. The build quality is good and I think it will last provided that it isn't beat on too much.
It looks really nice on your LX

articcs22

Equipment
BX23S or B2601
Nov 29, 2020
Cortlandville
Isn't the 55" the better choice since its lighter and doesn't compromise lift capacity? Does your grapple have grease points? What ROPS lights do you have? Thanks

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Isn't the 55" the better choice since its lighter and doesn't compromise lift capacity? Does your grapple have grease points? What ROPS lights do you have? Thanks
I just got the 60” a few days ago. The 60” has gussets on the tines, the 55” doesn’t. The weight penalty is 45 pounds. I felt it was worth it for the stronger tines. I plan on using it heavily as a root rake in clay soil with lots of surface level tree roots so I figure the extra strength was worth the slight lifting penalty. I have about 100 downed trees from a tornado I’m clearing up……that was my main reason for the purchase.

Every pin has a grease zerk. It’s AR400 steel so strength shouldn’t be an issue.
61995D25-3DED-44F6-843D-2ED6CA5C821A.jpeg