Valvoline Grease

TheMurf

Equipment
BX1880.with loader and 48 inch deck. 1990 Gravel 12G Riding tractor.
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
Guys, So I have a new Bx1880, I have been using Valvoline crimson grease on my old Gravely 12G tractor. Can it be used on the BX? I have a air grease gun to assure the grease gets fully applied through the zerk fittings. Your thoughts?

TheMurf

Equipment
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
Thanks TugHil Tom..How is up there in upper N.Y.S. ? Beautiful country upstate.

TheMurf

Equipment
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
All good, a bit warm. The Hill is great place to live I will say.
TughillTom, We been up there many times. Nice ride on our motorcycle. We run from Ulster county to Newcomb to go to Oscars smokehouse. It is really beautiful upstate for sure.Thanks again.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I was pretty good friends with the plant oiler/lube technician for a major aerospace firm, for decades.
There were 7 machine shops in the plant, with hundreds of machines, plus dozens of other machines and vehicles.
I have adopted his attitude when it comes to lubrication and especially greasing-
With few exceptions (HSTs leap to mind) any lube is better than no lube, even if it is the "wrong" lube.
I have never seen anything damaged by using the "wrong" or "not recommended" grease; however, I have seen hindreds of things damaged by a lack of grease.

Hopefully this statement will not start an all out argument or flame war. ;)

Reactions: 2 users

TheMurf

Equipment
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
I was pretty good friends with the plant oiler/lube technician for a major aerospace firm, for decades.
There were 7 machine shops in the plant, with hundreds of machines, plus dozens of other machines and vehicles.
I have adopted his attitude when it comes to lubrication and especially greasing-
With few exceptions (HSTs leap to mind) any lube is better than no lube, even if it is the "wrong" lube.
I have never seen anything damaged by using the "wrong" or "not recommended" grease; however, I have seen hindreds of things damaged by a lack of grease.

Hopefully this statement will not start an all out argument or flame war. ;)
Little Foot, Couldn't agree more..Years working as a mechanic in my fathers garage when l was younger I was always amazed at how people mistreated their equipment..

Reactions: 1 users