Vaccination opinions wanted...

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Treatment for Monkeypox is the smallpox vaccine. I guess us old farts over 55 don't have to worry since we got vaccinated for smallpox. Heard there were a few cases in Wisconsin already too.

Reactions: 2 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
The monkeypox is interesting. The question I have, which will most likely never be answered, was the recent surge of monkeypox cases caused by the uncontrolled borders? Both US and Europe have been allowing a large amount of immigrants in without screening. Could this be the cause of the outbreak?

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L4060 Polaris Rangerxp800 Ford 3400
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Our government has been hiding stuff for decades. JFK assassination, Watergate, Iraq invasion, 9/11 attacks, Covid, Panama Papers, Epstein, billions of taxpayer money funnelling to Israel, the list goes on...

People are too busy arguing over petty Democrat vs. Republican nonsense to really care or do anything about it. I hope one day this two party rigged system goes away and the government acts in favor of the people, but I doubt I'll ever see it in my lifetime.
I have always felt that I hope Americans, a country built on diversity could put aside differences over petty stuff and Vote together. Politicians would go away finally. But as you suspect I doubt in my lifetime either.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Treatment for Monkeypox is the smallpox vaccine. I guess us old farts over 55 don't have to worry since we got vaccinated for smallpox. Heard there were a few cases in Wisconsin already too.
When did they stop doing this in the schools ? I still have my round lil scab scar.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Henro, you better get in line for your Monkey Pox vaccine. It's the next social experiment.
LOL...Actually I read that the small pox vaccination is quite effective in preventing/reducing affects of Monkey Pox.

I am from the era when we all got the small pox vaccination...wonder if it still works? Of course, if recommended now, if Monkey Pox takes off, some will claim it is evil, second only to covid 19 vaccinations! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
When did they stop doing this in the schools ? I still have my round lil scab scar.
I read they stopped back in the 70's because it was considered eradicated in the States. Guess it's time to bring the original or an 'upgraded' version back to combat before things get out of hand.

I expect more resistance towards any vaccine moving forward if idiot politicians begin using it as fuel for their campaigns. "Owning the Libs" or "Fighting fascism" doesn't mean shit when something like a smallpox variant is spreading. I, for one, will not tolerate anti-vax nonsense when it comes to a virus that could potentially be more harmful to my child than myself (unlike covid). Interesting times ahead...

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Mid 70's-early 80's I think. Smallpox was eradicated by then so no longer required to be immunized against it. My wife was born in 75 and did not get the smallpox vaccine. I was in 6th grade at that time. I think I got the shot in third grade, I remember heading down to the auditorium at my grade school and getting the shot in the arm.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Mid 70's-early 80's I think. Smallpox was eradicated by then so no longer required to be immunized against it. My wife was born in 75 and did not get the smallpox vaccine. I was in 6th grade at that time. I think I got the shot in third grade, I remember heading down to the auditorium at my grade school and getting the shot in the arm.
Same here. Doc came to school. I recall them stopping but didn't remember when. I was born 63. Im not so sure any of this ever gets eradicated. This new version has to a share traits if old vacines still protect.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
While I'm sure it's not the only way it's transmitting, but the monkeypox seems to be primarily transmitted sexually - mostly between gay or bisexual men.

Edit: Just as a note, it isn't limited to the particular activity, but "close physical contact", and the current outbreak is linked to a couple large week-long parties where those activities are prevalent.

Last edited: