V1505 help with injection pump

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
There's timing marks on the block and on the flywheel. You set the timing with the shims to put the marks where the factory specifies. If you change pumps you should use all the old shims and then check your timing. Your new pump may need to add or remove a shim but will probably be in time.

I don't know how to check cam. I would very closely inspect the lobes while turning motor and also look for any obvious hanging up or more pressure required to turn it. I am surprised the cam is not obviously marred. It might be just throw a new pump in there and see how it goes.

If the cam seems okay and you get a new pump definitely change the oil and do whatever you can to make sure any metal debris gets cleaned out. Fill it with diesel and slosh it around then drain it or something before you refill it and new filter.

Keep us posted.

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Dang I didn’t even think about that. Just checked thou and both the springs are there.

Cam does not appear to be bent or damaged. I’m not really sure how to measure without having it out ? Any ideas on that?

Curious on the pump shims that set timing. So I understand you reuse your shims which means you have to take the bottom of the pump apart. What is it about the way the deck is milled that makes every one different and have different shims. And that is not marked on the machine any where?
You can use a flat bar across the top of the injection pump area. Then use a caliper long end to measure tip projection. I can believe the cam is fine. The lobes are usually heat treated, so very hard. Probably scratched but it will probably ride. And the Shim everyone is talking about( gasket shim) is usually to take up manufacturing differences in block milling. They can be used to adjust the pump timing, but I would just reuse them.