Using hand-accelerator-lever

jhuang

Equipment
BX2380
May 3, 2021
Maryland
I recently found the hand accelerator lever on my Kubota BX2380 (2 years old) cannot stay in the position I want. I move it to the position to get more thank 2K rpm, it will go back to about 1.5K rpm automatically as soon as I let it go. Now I have to use one hand to hold the turning wheel and the other hand on the accelerator lever. Is there something wrong? What should I do?
Thank you for your help/advice.

Last edited:

DueEast

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Mar 9, 2021
Washington
Sounds to me like something is wrong. The throttle should stay where you leave it. There is a tensioner with a nut and lock nut under the dash that can be adjusted to fix this. There are several videos on YouTube showing the fix. Should just take a few minutes.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
My FIL's Deere 3038e has the same issue. He has to tighten the friction nut on the throttle lever every so often.

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
Pull the screen under your dash. You know, the one by your knees. Follow the throttle lever down through the dash and look underneath. The bottom of the throttle lever should have two nuts. Set the top nut to your desired stiffness on the throttle and then use the bottom nut as the a jam nut to hold it. It's a very easy and quick job. There are plenty of Youtube videos showing exactly how to do it. It's a very common problem on the BX series and very easily fixable.

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
I'd you don't want to have to fix this periodically, go to your nearest hardware store and buy a nylock nut (the one with the plastic bushing in it) and replace the bottom all metal hex nut with the nylock one and you'll be set for good.

jhuang

Equipment
BX2380
May 3, 2021
Maryland
Great, thank you, DueEast. That is exactly what I need.
I found the video and solved my problem.
- Kubota BX Throttle Slipping - Simple Fix

crbr

Equipment
2006 B7800, 2022 BX1880
Jan 8, 2010
TN
Bumping an old thread. Recently purchased a BX series...throttle handle was stiff as a board. Thanks for the information.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
My ZTR throttle would start drifting after a while - sounds like the same problem. I replaced. the throttle linkage friction nut with a nylon lock nut. Problem solved.