Used l3301 thoughts/input

Mdbota1

Equipment
L3301
Sep 30, 2023
Brookeville
Hi all,

Been saving for a Kubota for a bit and as of right now having a used l3301 gear drive with 525 bucket (2022) being delivered to me next week. It only has 90hrs, and I've been told it runs fine. I'll check it out when it gets here but I'm green to tractors. Long time gearhead though and do all my own work on vehicles/home etc....

Any advise on what to check and test when it's off the trailer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Check all fluids and filters. Many people write the date or hours on the filters when they replace, which could give you an idea of age.

In theory there's lots of things you could check on a 90 hour tractor, but in reality.....nothing will be wrong with it. Just drive it like you'd had it since new, and pay attention to any funny sounding noises or things that don't work like they should.

Reactions: 1 user

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
Down loading the WSM (work shop manual) is always a good idea. Just google your model, and get it from the kubota site.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
It’s probably not necessary but I would read manual, find the controls on the machine, and check all the functions that they work (loader, lights, PTO, 4WD, diff lock, etc). It’s probably overkill, but then go ahead and redo whatever service should have been done or is coming up. Oils/Filters/Grease/Tire pressure, etc. I’d be sure to check wheel bolt torque. After that you’ll know everything is fine. Ounce of prevention.

Mdbota1

Equipment
L3301
Sep 30, 2023
Brookeville
Just got word that the 50hr oil change wasn't done. I want to do that ASAP. Where do you order oil filters from online, and crankcase oil used?

Thanks!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Just got word that the 50hr oil change wasn't done. I want to do that ASAP. Where do you order oil filters from online, and crankcase oil used?

Thanks!
"crankcase oil used"...... ???????

06B3030

Equipment
B3030, LA403, BH75, York Rake, Plug Aerator, 6' Rear Mower, Forks, Weight Box
Sep 21, 2015
MA
I've always used Kubota 10-30...

Kubota 10-30 Motor Oil.jpeg

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
I use Shell Rotella 15w-40 T-6 buy from auto parts store; but it doesn't see much use in the cold....

Do you not have a Kubota dealer nearby? You'll need, engine oil filter, and the two hydraulic filters (no need to change hydraulic oil, just filters... Might as well get a fuel filter and air filter, to have on hand.

Messick's kubota does mail order (I heard their shipping is high) or try Coleman's...

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I also use Kubota OEM stuff. I get it from the dealer I bought the tractor at, as they are fairly close (30 min) and a pretty nice guys to deal with.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Kubota OEM for me. Very little difference in price, and means I don't have to think about it - the dealer sells me the exact parts and consumables needed. Your tractor is still in warranty, easy to use Kubota stuff on it and have no arguments.

Reactions: 1 users

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
L3301 fantastic machine.
As asked I would check rad. overflow bottle to make sure enough fluid still exists PLUS hose clamps on rad. and clamps on oil cooler for tightness.

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
Has this been purchased, or is it a test drive/demo situation?

Brookeville MD? Once our nation's capital? Rotella 15-40 is probably fine in that case. I use 5-sumfin now that I'm up north.

Mdbota1

Equipment
L3301
Sep 30, 2023
Brookeville
Capital for a day! My home was already there in 1812 as well. So I received the tractor yesterday, and test drove it, etc before handing over payment. They are getting me a WSM mailed to me. First thing I did after he left was blow off the rad screen, took out and blew out air filter, checked lug nuts, and dumped out the water in fuel/water separator which was full. Had to clean the fuel screen too that was nasty. Its got a quarter tank of diesel that seems like its been there for a bit. Water filled back up pretty quick in separator.

They gave me a new oil filter, and Im putting in 5w40 Rotella synth this weekend (oil looks brand new on dipstick though since theres only 71 hrs on machine). Ordered grease gun and grease, and will fill with fresh diesel.

These dont shift well on the fly....I guess cause they dont have synchros. I dont really need to anyway, but noticed grinding/hard to get into next gear when I did.

Thanks all for the input and help! Ill post a pic of it on the property in a sec from phone