Used Kubota for bush hogging under pine trees

40Farmall

Equipment
L2350DT, B1750, Ford 3930
Sep 17, 2014
Suffolk, VA
I have a 40 Farmall that I'm trying to get running so it can cut the grass on my small 4 acre homestead. However, I will eventually need to get a larger, preferably diesel tractor to bush hog (may wind up a replacement...). It needs to be able to cut 30 acres of woods in between and under pine trees spaced 10' to 14' apart. Would also like it to be able to plow a decent size garden (1 acre or so) as well as food plots up in the woods. Also I am in a very wet area of the country so everything gets stuck so I believe I need a 4wd tractor.

I like to work on things so I prefer something old and simple. No 4th Tier diesel with emissions equipment. However, that means parts and I haven't been able to see a lot of data on parts availability for older tractors. Definitely do not want anything new so I don't cry the first time I scratch it up in the woods.

I was looking at the M6800 series until I realized that it might not fit under pine trees for mowing... I probably need about 40hp I believe so maybe that puts me more in line with the 1990 to 2000 model L series like the L4350. Pretty sure I need to go cabless so I don't bust a window.

I don't think I need a loader but it looks like that may be very expensive to add later so probably going to look for one with a FEL already attached.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What you need is an orchard model, I have an L that was set up for orchard work, low and fat, works great around and under my trees! ;)

40Farmall

Equipment
L2350DT, B1750, Ford 3930
Sep 17, 2014
Suffolk, VA
I bought one yesterday, an L2350DT with 500 hours and a bush-hog FEL and Rhino rototiller for $8500. Wouldn't call it a great deal, probably more like a fair price, but I did get a good friend to look it over first. Tractor is in rough shape as it has a good bit of rust and most of the components like belts, hoses, filters, and oil (with the exception of engine oil and filter) look original. Will be doing lots of posts in the maintenance section until I get everything in a more-known condition.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Congrats on the "new" Kubota. :D
I'll PM you a link for a download of the service manual for it.;)